South Africa FIFA World Cup 2010

Lue C Fur

Evil member
As for Lue, can't wait for him to blame Obama, that the US team didn't win the cup !!!!!!

I really could care less about soccer...its as boring as watching golf. As far as the blame game...you and the libs have that wraped up by blaming Bush for everything.:wink2:

fxdwg

Long Time Member
I really could care less about soccer...its as boring as watching golf. As far as the blame game...you and the libs have that wraped up by blaming Bush for everything.:wink2:

Why the :censored2: are you posting on here then?????? I/ We care about FIFA...........

klein

Für Meno :)
Well, some good news. Latest I heard, they are going to re-arrange the Camera Sound system in the stadiums, so we might actually be able to hear the true fans, that cheer on their teams !

grgrcr88

No It's not green grocer!
Actually, if I recall right. The sound in South African Stadiums has the same decibal reading of 7 jetplanes, they said.
I thought, maybe alone, on that reason, they could ban those nasty horns, being a health issue.

by the way, watched Brazil vrs N. Korea today. Only 2:1.

Sofar, only the Germans really should how good they are.
Defending champs Italy only tied , and semi-finalist Portugal, tied as well, against some odd team

True, the Germans did look very good. The team Portugal played was the Ivory Coast, They are a good team led by Didia Drogba from Chelsea, The leading scorer from the English Premier League, And they have many players that are on Premier League squads. I would have expected a few goals from either side in that match but neither team could get that final ball right!! Italy was a bit of a disapointment, Brazil came up against a very determined and well organized
Korean bunch. I think the tournament will be fantastic!!

klein

True, the Germans did look very good. The team Portugal played was the Ivory Coast, They are a good team led by Didia Drogba from Chelsea, The leading scorer from the English Premier League, And they have many players that are on Premier League squads. I would have expected a few goals from either side in that match but neither team could get that final ball right!! Italy was a bit of a disapointment, Brazil came up against a very determined and well organized
Korean bunch. I think the tournament will be fantastic!!

Didia actually only played the last 10 minutes (due to his broken arm ), but heard he is ready to play full again now.
Watching Chile - Hondoras now.

Yes, sure looks like the rest of the world has finally caught up a lot to the Europeans and South Americans, that basically own this cup.

klein

What a game !!!!!!

Euro-Champs Spain loses to Switzerland 1:0 !

most exciting game I have seen sofar. And the biggest upset !!!!!
The Swiss have never ever won against Spain !
1:0 sounds like a boring game.... but the posts have been hit twice, and Spain was all over them .... WOW !

KingofBrown

I believe Ivory Coast is the best African team in this World Cup. Didn't have the chance to watch the game of Spain vs. Switzerland, but I bet it really was very excited. Good for Switzerland. I'm sure Spain will qualify and even more than that.

South Africa vs. Uruguay is about to start.

grgrcr88

Another great day of soccer, I must say I am very surprised by the Swiss defesting Spain. Not sure why the Spanish coach would leave two of the worlds best players on the bench for most of the game. Fabregas never got in and Torres was a very late substitute. Crazyness if you ask me. This may be bad news for the rest of the world, as I believe it will light a fire under the Spanish players. Should be fun to watch.

Unfortunately, looks as if the South Africans will become the first host nation in the history of the World Cup not to make it out of group play. It certainly would be nice for the locals to see there team go deep into the tourney!

klein

Unfortunately, looks as if the South Africans will become the first host nation in the history of the World Cup not to make it out of group play. It certainly would be nice for the locals to see there team go deep into the tourney!

You sure about that ?
Did the US make it into round 2, when they hosted ?

And btw, South Africa got robbed with that penalty kick against them.
He was clearly in offside.
I can smell a prostest comming up, with the red card and penalty kick not being justified.

grgrcr88

Yes in 94 Beat columbia and tied Switzerland and Romania to advance, Played eventual champions Brazil in the second round match and lost. Brazil went to the final with Italy and ended 0-0 after 120 minutes. Brazil won in penalties 3-2. That world cup in the United States in 94 was the highest attendance of any World Cup. Not sure if that record still stands. I am so hopefull we can get it back in 2014 or 2018!!!!

grgrcr88

NO NO, when the shot came the player in question was clearly on side, the deflection by the south African player cannot be used in judging an offside position as you cannot be offside on a pass from the opposition team, must come from your own teammate, thus making it an onside play. The penalty was just and the referee must show the red as it is denying an obvious goal scoring opportunity. Regrettable but it is the rule!!

klein

Yes in 94 Beat columbia and tied Switzerland and Romania to advance, Played eventual champions Brazil in the second round match and lost. Brazil went to the final with Italy and ended 0-0 after 120 minutes. Brazil won in penalties 3-2. That world cup in the United States in 94 was the highest attendance of any World Cup. Not sure if that record still stands. I am so hopefull we can get it back in 2014 or 2018!!!!

Wow, that was a nice easy seed though. C'mon, Colombia, Romania and Swiss....... Can't get any easier then that !
SA has to play France yet ! France is a powerhouse , not a chance in hell.
But, you never know - the french could keep their best players out.... and basically throw the game....has been done before, to keep the good players fit, for the more important upcomming games.

I didn't see that ball comming from another player... I watched it live.... will watch it again, maybe on the sports news.

klein

Another major upset ! Mexico 2 Franch 0

Must be tons of mexicans out on the streets there, waving flags and honking horns !
They deserved it !

fxdwg

Long Time Member
Congratulations Mexico 2:0 over France. Some believe the first goal was in error due to player being offsides. Too close to call for me!