South Africa FIFA World Cup 2010

grgrcr88

No It's not green grocer!
Well thanks to England for the 0-0 draw to Algeria, the USA still has their fate in their own hands. A win against Algeria now will asure they go thru to the round of 16. What an enderwhelming and uninspired game by the Brits, almost put me to sleep after such an exciting US game.

klein

Für Meno :)
Well thanks to England for the 0-0 draw to Algeria, the USA still has their fate in their own hands. A win against Algeria now will asure they go thru to the round of 16. What an enderwhelming and uninspired game by the Brits, almost put me to sleep after such an exciting US game.

Did you hear the Brits commented sometime before the game, they could send their second league divsion, and they would still win against Algeria !
They got taught today, those snobs..:)
Prince Harry and William were also in the Stadium, made me want England to lose even more !
I hope Slovenia steals a point from too, and knocks them out !

Btw, your right, I'm tired now, too.
Gee, I watched all 3 games today, starting at 5:15 am this morning !

grgrcr88

Did you hear the Brits commented sometime before the game, they could send their second league divsion, and they would still win against Algeria !
They got taught today, those snobs..:)
Prince Harry and William were also in the Stadium, made me want England to lose even more !
I hope Slovenia steals a point from too, and knocks them out !

Btw, your right, I'm tired now, too.
Gee, I watched all 3 games today, starting at 5:15 am this morning !

I did as well, it was honestly all I could do to keep my eyes open for the England game. Very boring uninspired game. However if watching the USA vs, Slovenia cannot excite people to watch soccer, they must be brain dead.

fxdwg

Long Time Member
061810-FIFA-United-States-argues-PI_20100618140841_660_320.JPG

klein

What a great game: Cameroon vs Denmark. Bad Cameroon is out of the World Cup after such a fantastic game.

I agree, think that was the best game yet ! Just back and forth, non stop, chances on both sides.
And, I'm sitting here, and thinking, how can american football be any better ? It's a contsnt stop and go in the sport, and shut downs for commercials.
These guys in the other hand run thier asses of, non stop !

grgrcr88

I agree, think that was the best game yet ! Just back and forth, non stop, chances on both sides.
And, I'm sitting here, and thinking, how can american football be any better ? It's a contsnt stop and go in the sport, and shut downs for commercials.

I agree, American footbal is a bunch of sissies that have to take a break after every play, no breaks in World Football!! That was a very fun game to watch(Cameroon vs. Denmark) Excellent win for Denmark. Just finished watching Paraguay vs. Slovakia, Paraguay got a big win to go atop their group for the time being, It was 91 minutes though before Slovakia got a shot on goal. Excellent game plan by the Paraguan side, and well excecuted.

Up next Italy vs. New Zealand. I would expect a low scoring game here as neither team looked to attack very much in their opener, could even end as a 0-0 draw as neither team will want to lose here after Paraguays win.

grgrcr88

Well not far off on my prediction, 1-1 draw. A fantastic result fot the NewZealand All Whites. Some might say it's the biggest day in NewZealand football history.

On then to Brazil and the Ivory Coast. I again believe this will be a bit of a suprise for the world audience, as most will expect Brazil to roll easily over the African's. Don't be so sure!! I will predict an eventual 1 goal win by Brazil after a very hard fought and physical game from the Ivory Coast. Don't be suprised to see alot of whistles on the pitch and possibly several yellow cards. Should be an interesting match!!!

Babagounj

Strength through joy
http://edition.cnn.com/2010/WORLD/africa/06/20/south.africa.female.condom/
South African doctor invents female condoms with 'teeth' to fight rape

By Faith Karimi, CNN
Rape-aXe was born. Ehlers is distributing the female condoms in the various South African cities where the World Cup soccer games are taking place.
The woman inserts the latex condom like a tampon. Jagged rows of teeth-like hooks line its inside and attach on a man's penis during penetration, Ehlers said.
Once it lodges, only a doctor can remove it -- a procedure Ehlers hopes will be done with authorities on standby to make an arrest.
"It hurts, he cannot pee and walk when it's on," she said. "If he tries to remove it, it will clasp even tighter... however, it doesn't break the skin, and there's no danger of fluid exposure."
Ehlers said she sold her house and car to launch the project, and she planned to distribute 30,000 free devices under supervision during the World Cup period.

grgrcr88

Brazil played a fine match against the Ivory Coast, 3-1 win. Although the second goal was the result of 2 handballs that went uncalled. Still I thought Ivary Coast would do better in this match, Brazil seemed to have there way with them. I guess thats why their the number 1 ranked team in the world!!

klein

Well not far off on my prediction, 1-1 draw. A fantastic result fot the NewZealand All Whites. Some might say it's the biggest day in NewZealand football history.

On then to Brazil and the Ivory Coast. I again believe this will be a bit of a suprise for the world audience, as most will expect Brazil to roll easily over the African's. Don't be so sure!! I will predict an eventual 1 goal win by Brazil after a very hard fought and physical game from the Ivory Coast. Don't be suprised to see alot of whistles on the pitch and possibly several yellow cards. Should be an interesting match!!!

For predicting a tie, you should have played the Los Vegas odds !
Seriously, it is the biggest archievment NZL ever did in soccer ! They usually don't even make the worldcup (like Canada).
I can only imagine how they feel ! What a victory !
No talent at all, but they had the spirit, and worked hard !

Speaking of Canada, we can only make the worldcup, if we eliminate the US, or Mexico (plus Honduras), but thats hard to do !
But, believe me or not, all that grass for the worldcup stadiums, was provided out of Manitoba, Canada. (so atleast you get to step on us) LOL

Oh yeah, and a referree, with the highest record of worldcup games is there from Canada, too.

fxdwg

Long Time Member
I saw the 1st Brazilian goal and thought the Ivory Coast Keeper seemed to be out of it. Then heard about the self confidence question about him.

KingofBrown

Well, I like watching the Super Bowl. I don't watch the rest of the season, though. It might be because the Super Bowl Commercials are more interesting than the game, I don't know, LOL. Every sport has something interesting, but Soccer is way more interesting to me, too. Long live Soccer!

Spain won 2-0 to Honduras. What a goal from Villa. And he'll be playing for Barcelona; it'll be fun to watch him play with Barza.

klein

I thought that game was boring, after Spain missed the penalty shot. Like no one wanted to really play anymore.
The really sad part was Honduras didn't have 1 single shot on goal.
Like seriously, Spain could have had a scarecrow as a goalkeeper, with the same end results.

It's comming close to the do and die games now. Thats gonna be exciting. I hope I don't miss any games.

I played soccer for over 2 decades. And when I sit here and watch.. you can see my feet kicking at times.... I'm soooo into it !

KingofBrown

And this Canadian kid was in Africa way before the World Cup, dude.

For predicting a tie, you should have played the Los Vegas odds !
Seriously, it is the biggest archievment NZL ever did in soccer ! They usually don't even make the worldcup (like Canada).
I can only imagine how they feel ! What a victory !
No talent at all, but they had the spirit, and worked hard !

Speaking of Canada, we can only make the worldcup, if we eliminate the US, or Mexico (plus Honduras), but thats hard to do !
But, believe me or not, all that grass for the worldcup stadiums, was provided out of Manitoba, Canada. (so atleast you get to step on us) LOL

Oh yeah, and a referree, with the highest record of worldcup games is there from Canada, too.

KingofBrown

Yes, I was watching Honduras players giving up before the game was actually finished. But, that goal from Villa was great.

I thought that game was boring, after Spain missed the penalty shot. Like no one wanted to really play anymore.
The really sad part was Honduras didn't have 1 single shot on goal.
Like seriously, Spain could have had a scarecrow as a goalkeeper, with the same end results.

It's comming close to the do and die games now. Thats gonna be exciting. I hope I don't miss any games.

I played soccer for over 2 decades. And when I sit here and watch.. you can see my feet kicking at times.... I'm soooo into it !

grgrcr88

Well South Africa put the nail inFrance's coffin today, good riddence they always think they are better than everyone else, thay should not of even been in the tournament anyway. Another good showing from Argentina with a 2-0 win over a strong defensive team in Greece, even with 7 or their previos starters "resting" for this game. Mexico had a dissapointing loss today, putting them barely thru in second in their group. Their prize? Argentina in the round of 16!! USA needs a win tomorrow, I believe the yanks will come thru with a 3-0 victory over Algeria. They seem to have to have their backs against the wall before they really come alive. Well it's win or go home time boys, NO PRESSURE!!! England will probably come out on top of Slovenia with another sleeper. I predict 1-0, which will be good enough to advance. Hopefully USA will have the better goal differential and win the group, as the second place team will most likely face Germany in the round of 16 and the group winners will get Serbia in the 16.Should be a great day of soccer tomorrow with alot at stake and some key teams all playing.(USA,Germany,England)

klein