Southern Supplement

542thruNthru

Now you are catching on. Its all a big game. Our side gets to win some and their side gets to win some and it don't matter one way or the other to either side. As long as they both can report back that they have won a few all is good.

Don't listen to Rod. He's been retired since 1976. He thinks a DIAD is some fancy new erectile dysfunction drug.

mythical

The one who does not exists
To be honest your best bet is to just ask your question publicly. Most that know what they are talking about won't take the time to PM you unless necessary.

@Box Ox is a southern guy. He knows the contract front to back like nipsey hussle songs.
ok, I will ask about one of the issues..
so the current supplement (which we are working under) states:

SECTION 7 – PART TIME COVER DRIVER

(E) Part-time coverage employees who complete a thirty (30) day qualifying period for a coverage position will not have to complete another probationary period if they are a successful bidder for a regular full-time package car position. Additionally, he/she will not suffer a reduction in pay rate

New supplement, New language (not in effect) states:

(E) Part-time coverage employees who complete a thirty (30) day qualifying period for a coverage position will not have to complete another probationary period if they are a successful bidder for a regular full-time package car position. Additionally, he/she will not suffer a reduction in pay rate. Days worked as a part-time coverage driver during November 1st through December 31st, will not count towards qualifications or the one-hundred twenty (120) day period. However, days worked prior to November 1st will count towards qualification and the one-hundred twenty (120) day period.

so can a TCD qualify throughout the year under the current active contract?

Last edited:

dogs.bite.me

(E) Part-time coverage employees who complete a thirty (30) day qualifying period for a coverage position will not have to complete another probationary period if they are a successful bidder for a regular full-time package car position. Additionally, he/she will not suffer a reduction in pay rate

(E) Part-time coverage employees who complete a thirty (30) day qualifying period for a coverage position will not have to complete another probationary period if they are a successful bidder for a regular full-time package car position. Additionally, he/she will not suffer a reduction in pay rate. Days worked as a part-time coverage driver during November 1st through December 31st, will not count towards qualifications or the one-hundred twenty (120) day period. However, days worked prior to November 1st will count towards qualification and the one-hundred twenty (120) day period.

You qualify as a driver/TCD if you complete a packet, OR if you drive a total of 30 days in a 120 day period excluding peak.

mythical

You qualify as a driver/TCD if you complete a packet, OR if you drive a total of 30 days in a 120 day period excluding peak.
so why would you say "excluding peak"? when under the current active contract/supplement, it does not exclude peak. The new inactive supplement states excluding the days outlined....I am just curious how do you come to that conclusion?

542thruNthru

I'm confused on your question. Are you asking if days you worked in Nov and Dec of 2018 count towards your 30 days?

If so, yes because the new contract has not went into effect yet.

When this contract is ratified then the days worked in Nov-Dec will not count towards your 30days or subtract from the 120 days you have to complete 30 working days.

mythical

I'm confused on your question. Are you asking if days you worked in Nov and Dec of 2018 count towards your 30 days?

If so, yes because the new contract has not went into effect yet.

When this contract is ratified then the days worked in Nov-Dec will not count towards your 30days or subtract from the 120 days you have to complete 30 working days.
Bingo! That is correct, I just don't understand why individuals besides yourself cannot clearly see this. Thank you for taking a moment to properly respond to my question.

mythical

Yes, someone is... but not here in the forum, outside, I cannot get into specifics. I just needed another person like myself with the knowledge of the southern supplement to solidify what I have been saying all along.

542thruNthru

remember to vote

tenor-37.gif