Southern Supplement

542thruNthru

New Question, keeping it within the Southern Region, so I have an issue and need clarification.
30 Qualifying Days for Driving - Here in my region it's 30 out of 120 days. In a clean week, no holidays, we count 5 days or do they count it as 7 days?

Screenshot_20190503-144631_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

542thruNthru

Thank you sir, I do have the contract right in front of me. so let rephrase my question. In a week (working days) are 5 days. We don't include the 2 days we have off correct? trust me, I am getting to my point...

That's what working days means yes. But we do count them for the 120.

mythical

The one who does not exists
and that's what I am getting at, how do we count them if we don't have the option to work those days... those are non-working days but count toward the 120...
wow unreal...

dogs.bite.me

New Question, keeping it within the Southern Region, so I have an issue and need clarification.
30 Qualifying Days for Driving - Here in my region it's 30 out of 120 days. In a clean week, no holidays, we count 5 days or do they count it as 7 days?

In this case it’s you need to work 30 working days out of 120 normal days. That’s 30 days working within 4 months.

dogs.bite.me

and that's what I am getting at, how do we count them if we don't have the option to work those days... those are non-working days but count toward the 120...
wow unreal...
Are you kidding. If you can’t get 30 days in a 4 month period, then you don’t work enough. There are things to gripe about in the contract, this isn’t one.

mythical

Are you kidding. If you can’t get 30 days in a 4 month period, then you don’t work enough. There are things to gripe about in the contract, this isn’t one.
To properly answer your remark, I will take moment to do so. It's not about a person not making 30 in 4 months, it's if management ALLOWS you to complete 30 in 4 months.. hey forget 4 months. If they don't want you to qualify, you won't, trust me. I have seem individuals here who can run scratch like an animal and got DQ'ed because they were simply not liked. You have not idea how things work at one particular center as oppose to others out there.

The contract is poorly written. Anyone with a decent education can see this easy.
I am not here to stir the pot, I am simply educating myself on how this company works etc. I will stop elaborating...

dogs.bite.me

To properly answer your remark, I will take moment to do so. It's not about a person not making 30 in 4 months, it's if management ALLOWS you to complete 30 in 4 months.. hey forget 4 months. If they don't want you to qualify, you won't, trust me. I have seem individuals here who can run scratch like an animal and got DQ'ed because they were simply not liked. You have not idea how things work at one particular center as oppose to others out there.

The contract is poorly written. Anyone with a decent education can see this easy.
I am not here to stir the pot, I am simply educating myself on how this company works etc. I will stop elaborating...

Your scenario has nothing to do with the 30/120. If the person is entitled to the work, due to seniority, then management can't stop him. This is the attitude of some of the younger guys. They think if they file because they are wronged, then they will get on managements bad side and will be denied work.

As far as contract being poorly written, I agree. This is all written in lawyer speak and at times can be hard to understand. That's ridiculous and is counter to being what a contract should be.

If management is DQing people, they need to be doing something to be DQd. It may seem as simple as MGMT not liking them, and in some cases this may be true. However, I would get a BA involved with that.

mythical

Your scenario has nothing to do with the 30/120. If the person is entitled to the work, due to seniority, then management can't stop him. This is the attitude of some of the younger guys. They think if they file because they are wronged, then they will get on managements bad side and will be denied work.

As far as contract being poorly written, I agree. This is all written in lawyer speak and at times can be hard to understand. That's ridiculous and is counter to being what a contract should be.

If management is DQing people, they need to be doing something to be DQd. It may seem as simple as MGMT not liking them, and in some cases this may be true. However, I would get a BA involved with that.
I will refuse a rebuttal... Bless your heart my brother.