Southern Supplement

Heavy Package

Does anyone know the Southern Supplement at a high level? If so, please pm...

I ran into Denis T yesterday on my route - He said the Southern Supplement was one of the finest he ever helped negotiated. He says hello and keep up the hard work.

redneck-swimming-pool-man-relaxing-in-pickup-truck-picture-id173945034

mythical

The one who does not exists
My fellow teamsters, I have another brain tease, lol. In keeping the subject to the Southern Supplement. My question pertains to a TCD going for a fulltime 22.4 slot.

So, I downloaded the current Master Agreement. Which states under Article 22 Section 4:
Any part-time employee performing package car cover-type work in
a Supplement, Rider or Addendum who bids into a 22.4 driver job
will be treated the same as if he entered into a regular package car
driver job under Article 41, Section 2 (c) for progression credit and
red circle purposes.

Now we go to Article 41, Section 2 - Which states:
Start - $21.00
Twelve (12) months - $23.00
Twenty-four (24) months - $24.00
Thirty-six (36) months - $28.75
Forty-eight (48) months - Top Rate

Part-time employees on the payroll as of July 31, 2018 who
subsequently are promoted to full-time employment under this
paragraph will be red circled until such time as the calculated
progression rate exceeds that rate. The transfer date will become his/her full-time start date for purposes of applying the above progression.

If a part-time employee bids to a full-time position and the top rate of
the classification is less than his/her current rate, the employee shall
be placed at the top rate of the new classification immediately.

My question is simple, what is the top rate?

542thruNthru

My fellow teamsters, I have another brain tease, lol. In keeping the subject to the Southern Supplement. My question pertains to a TCD going for a fulltime 22.4 slot.

My question is simple, what is the top rate?

You sure know how to make a simple question long.

TCDs in your area make 85% of top scale correct?

So depending on the Top rate of pay for a RPCD in your area and the number of years you are a TCD, will determine at what rate you will be at as a 22.4.

mythical

You sure know how to make a simple question long.

TCDs in your area make 85% of top scale correct?

So depending on the Top rate of pay for a RPCD in your area and the number of years you are a TCD, will determine at what rate you will be at as a 22.4.
Well sir, I have to give my question some foundation so that the peanut galley folks don't jump in and answer my question with half ass knowledge etc.

Yes, you are correct, TCD rate at my location is currently $30.77 plus or minus.
I do clearly understand your response. I am trying to understand why there is no Top Rate Pay in the Full-Time Wage Progression section? Article 41 Section 2
Was it left blank intentionally?

542thruNthru

Well sir, I have to give my question some foundation so that the peanut galley folks don't jump in and answer my question with half ass knowledge etc.

Yes, you are correct, TCD rate at my location is currently $30.77 plus or minus.
I do clearly understand your response. I am trying to understand why there is no Top Rate Pay in the Full-Time Wage Progression section? Article 41 Section 2
Was it left blank intentionally?

Yes it was left blank because Top Rate is different in many locations. One reason is because some areas have diverted portions of their raises to their pensions.

mythical

Cool that makes sense, I saw the pay scale chart for full time drivers in a different section.

The top rate throughout the country will exceed $40.00 per hour as of August 1, 2022. There is some variance in the regular package car driver (RPCD) top rate; these top rates were established in the regional agreements prior to the creation of the National Master UPS Agreement in 1979.

So is it safe to say, this is the Top Rate as of August 1,2022? plus or minus...

542thruNthru

Cool that makes sense, I saw the pay scale chart for full time drivers in a different section.

The top rate throughout the country will exceed $40.00 per hour as of August 1, 2022. There is some variance in the regular package car driver (RPCD) top rate; these top rates were established in the regional agreements prior to the creation of the National Master UPS Agreement in 1979.

So is it safe to say, this is the Top Rate as of August 1,2022?

Ask your local what the current Top Rate is and then add the raises to it yourself ($4.15). They should also be able to tell you if any of your raise will be diverted.

mythical

I did ask, but as you and everyone knows... you never get a clear cut answer. I did see the old contract information which is currently $37 +-. so I need to add the $4.15 and I will have my number. :rolleyes: geez!

542thruNthru

I did ask, but as you and everyone knows... you never get a clear cut answer. I did see the old contract information which is currently $37 +-. so I need to add the $4.15 and I will have my number. :rolleyes: geez!

If your TCDs are making 30.77 then your top rate is not $37

mythical

If your TCDs are making 30.77 then your top rate is not $37
So now we are coming full circle back to my original question. Maybe I was not clear so my apologies. If a TCD goes into a 22.4 full-time position, what is the Top Rate? According to the National Agreement as I quoted above they are to be treated as RPCD for progression and red circle purposes...
Are you saying just add the $4.15 on top of the $30.77?

542thruNthru

So now we are coming full circle back to my original question. Maybe I was not clear so my apologies. If a TCD goes into a 22.4 full-time position, what is the Top Rate? According to the National Agreement as I quoted above they are to be treated as RPCD for progression and red circle purposes...

Again this would depend on years he was a TCD. If he was a 4 year or more TCD then he will make $31.64. If he only had 2 or 3 years he will make $30.77 (actually a little more then that with the .70c raise will change it because he has to make 85% of top scale.) until his 4th year then he will be at 22.4 top rate.

Last edited:

542thruNthru

$4.15 is at the end of the contract.