Southern Supplement

mythical

The one who does not exists
I have seen that and I am passed that part, the paragraph beneath it is what I am referring to and is what I am unclear about..

542thruNthru

I have seen that and I am passed that part, the paragraph beneath it is what I am referring to and is what I am unclear about..

I guessed that earlier to be honest but was waiting to make sure. All that paragraph is saying is his years as a TCD will count towards his full time progression as a 22.4 and if his pay is more then the progression rate of a 22.4 he will keep the higher pay. So a under 4 year TCD in your local will keep their TCD rate till the 4th year.

mythical

Bingo! so for the record, those who have worked as a TCD will keep there rate plus GWI etc. which is higher than the Top Rate of a 22.4. And those individuals who are part time and go to driving school come out into a 22.4 position will start at $20.50? I am on the right path here?

542thruNthru

Bingo! so for the record, those who have worked as a TCD will keep there rate plus GWI etc. which is higher than the Top Rate of a 22.4. And those individuals who are part time and go to driving school come out into a 22.4 position will start at $20.50? I am on the right path here?

No you're not.

Your TCD rate is not higher then a 22.4s top rate.

You're TCD makes $30.77 right now correct? He will not get a full .70c. He will only get a small portion because he can only make 85% of top scale.

A 22.4 will get the full .70c so he will make 31.34 a hour. Probably only a few cents more then a TCD. This of course may be incorrect depending on your Top Scale.

mythical

No you're not.

Your TCD rate is not higher then a 22.4s top rate.

You're TCD makes $30.77 right now correct? He will not get a full .70c. He will only get a small portion because he can only make 85% of top scale.

A 22.4 will get the full .70c so he will make 31.34 a hour. Probably only a few cents more then a TCD. This of course may be incorrect depending on your Top Scale.

Yes, TCD's as of this moment make $30.77... that's sucks a TCD will get screwed when receiving GWI. wow

Well no 22.4 will get $31.34 as of now, it will take them 4 years because it's a new position and there is no part timer making that kind of money unless they are a Red Circled TCD.

So Bascially, a TCD taking a 22.4 position will only see an increase in hours from part time to full time but no wage increase. Am I correct here?

542thruNthru

Yes, TCD's as of this moment make $30.77... that's sucks a TCD will get screwed when receiving GWI. wow
Been that way for a long time. The trade off is their years go towards progression.

Well no 22.4 will get $31.34 as of now, it will take them 4 years because it's a new position and there is no part timer making that kind of money unless they are a Red Circled TCD.
Yes it sucks and that why we all hate progression.

So Bascially, a TCD taking a 22.4 position will only see an increase in hours from part time to full time but no wage increase. Am I correct?
he will be guaranteed 40 hours a week and will (depending on your supplement have first dibs on a RPCD position.) If he has 4 years of TCD he will see a wage increase.

RTCD

As a TCD, I am at $30.77 but technically $31.36 since Aug 1, 2018. The GWI is 70 cents and we get 85% of that (roughly 59 cents) since we are always 85% of the RPCD top rate.

We will be red circled at our current rate of $31.36 if we bid and win a 22.4 job.

The new Southern Supplement also states that TCDs who bid 22.4 will continue to receive 85% GWI of RPCD top rate while in progression. I take that to mean our new pay will be:
2018 $31.36 red circled starting pay
2019 $32.00 (85% .75 is .64 GWI)
2020 $32.68 (85% .80 is .68 GWI)
2021 $33.45 (85% .90 is .77 GWI)
2022 $34.30 (85% 1.00 is .85 GWI)

Since 22.4 top rate is $30.64 we will keep our higher pay rate UNTIL Aug 1, 2022 when the GWI makes 22.4 top rate $34.79 and we have completed our 48 month progression.

Overpaid Union Thug

The new Southern Supplement requires that all open routes (scheduled off for vacations) be posted for bid by for unassigned drivers Tuesdays before the routes come open and taken down Thursdays. So, vacation coverage for next week should be accomplished by the end of today.

Last edited:

mythical

New Question, keeping it within the Southern Region, so I have an issue and need clarification.
30 Qualifying Days for Driving - Here in my region it's 30 out of 120 days. In a clean week, no holidays, we count 5 days or do they count it as 7 days?