space and vis

tieguy

Banned
You saw the context in which I have targeted management. It deals with PAS related refusal to fix it. It deals with "bad apples" in management... and the whole while admitting I get along with management.

I hope you really did manage to channel your obsession and hatred into one area though your track record here shows otherwise. If so then all the negative attacks of yours may have been worth it. Only time will tell if you have reformed your original perspective.

W

westsideworma

I hope you really did manage to channel your obsession and hatred into one area though your track record here shows otherwise. If so then all the negative attacks of yours may have been worth it. Only time will tell if you have reformed your original perspective.

Tie there are a couple in my hub that really resemble the type that canon speaks of. PAS (or the way its used/implemented) in my hub is a joke. It seems they only look at stop counts...not the amount of packages that go in the truck as well. Meaning 2 guys could have 125 stops, one will have 260 pieces the other 400 or more (which gets left on the belt). It happened today when they cut a LOT of routes, but really this kind of thing happens all the time. I generally don't have a problem with management, sure they make things up sometimes (who doesn't?) and force certain ideas down on us (usually because they are being forced down on them) that make little to no sense, but I have yet to get the feeling they are just pi$$ing us off for the hell of it. It comes from above and we know that, but what really frosts us is most of the ideas don't seem to be based in place called reality. It does no good for the management or the hourlies to expect such ridiculous numbers. Especially from people who may have never set a foot in operations.

tieguy

Banned
Tie there are a couple in my hub that really resemble the type that canon speaks of. PAS (or the way its used/implemented) in my hub is a joke. It seems they only look at stop counts...not the amount of packages that go in the truck as well. Meaning 2 guys could have 125 stops, one will have 260 pieces the other 400 or more (which gets left on the belt). It happened today when they cut a LOT of routes, but really this kind of thing happens all the time. I generally don't have a problem with management, sure they make things up sometimes (who doesn't?) and force certain ideas down on us (usually because they are being forced down on them) that make little to no sense, but I have yet to get the feeling they are just pi$$ing us off for the hell of it. It comes from above and we know that, but what really frosts us is most of the ideas don't seem to be based in place called reality. It does no good for the management or the hourlies to expect such ridiculous numbers. Especially from people who may have never set a foot in operations.

West,

in this case it may be more the dispatch plan then PAS that is skewing the results. The delivery center has their various production numbers to hit. Some manage that dispatch plan better then others in working those numbers.

canon

West,

in this case it may be more the dispatch plan then PAS that is skewing the results. The delivery center has their various production numbers to hit. Some manage that dispatch plan better then others in working those numbers.
And "some" work on PAS. All we need to do now is figure out who that "some" is. I'm not sure, but I think that would be management.

Here's a question for ya tie: If the dispatch plan is screwed up, or if PAS is screwed up, what is the end result for the driver if nobody wants to fix whatever is broke?

Yet another attempt at a civil conversation... waiting to see if you can answer without insult.

DS

Fenderbender
And "some" work on PAS. All we need to do now is figure out who that "some" is. I'm not sure, but I think that would be management.

Here's a question for ya tie: If the dispatch plan is screwed up, or if PAS is screwed up, what is the end result for the driver if nobody wants to fix whatever is broke?

Yet another attempt at a civil conversation... waiting to see if you can answer without insult.

Tie probobly feels the same way we do canon.
The end result for the driver is complete frustration .
For Tie he`s aware that each area must be relooped
but has neither the time or the manpower to change
it fast enough because he`s fighting like hell to make
the same unreasonable numbers they expect from us.
The only difference is that he can be replaced or even
terminated if his numbers drop.He has to remain positive,
we on the other hand can become jaded and not really
worry about losing our jobs due to unrealistic dispatches.

canon

Tie probobly feels the same way we do canon.
The end result for the driver is complete frustration .
For Tie he`s aware that each area must be relooped
but has neither the time or the manpower to change
it fast enough because he`s fighting like hell to make
the same unreasonable numbers they expect from us.
The only difference is that he can be replaced or even
terminated if his numbers drop.He has to remain positive,
we on the other hand can become jaded and not really
worry about losing our jobs due to unrealistic dispatches.

I would agree that "other" management feels the same way. I'll leave it at that. He was trying to correct someone that it probably wasn't PAS, and was only mismanagement on the dispatch plan. You nailed the answer tho, the end result is still frustration when neither gets fixed. (Darn, now he's going to know the answer!) :lol:

I know the expectations on mgmt are rediculous too. I'm not jaded yet when it comes to ups overall... just to the situation with PAS and management's reluctance to even address minor issues. The falsifying space and vis doesn't help, but does highlight your point about having to meet corporate's unrealistic expectations.