space and vis

RockyRogue

Agent of Change
Not so, we only challenged his belief that YOU were a good one. Once again, you list me as a whiner simply because I want PAS fixed and hold management accountable for it.

I'm afraid I'd agree with Tie once again, Canon. You rip ANYONE to shreds that has a shred of reason in the fiber of their being. I hate to say it but in reality I can't imagine a UPS package car driver like you. I've had the pleasure and privilege of working with well over a dozen drivers (Denver and Chicago) and NONE had the same attitude as you. One in Chicago was peeved but he explained himself. I understood his complaints. Yours...I don't. But for whatever reason, you hate Tie and hourlies that think he may have a good point. In fact, you seem to attack me just because I think he's an OK kinda sup.

By the way, to all posters: the IM message you sent me was bogus. If you wanna have a real, reasonable conversation PM me and I'll remove the security block on your SN.

tieguy

Banned
Guy, cut me slack or not.. don't care. Your low opinion of me means absolutely nothing now that I see you're nothing more than some suckup who thinks being "cool" with management somehow makes you more important.

And again you see another attempt by this poster to beat you into submission and get you to follow the I hate the company and all management crowd. In fact he blatantly lies here when he says he does not care. If he didn't he would have gone through all the trouble of creating that elaborate time consuming post. He would simply have not responded.

I guarantee you can't hold a candle to me on any level. It's funny you try.

Canon this part I have to agree with you on. He can't hold a candle on whining and shirking to you.

canon

I'm afraid I'd agree with Tie once again, Canon. You rip ANYONE to shreds that has a shred of reason in the fiber of their being. I hate to say it but in reality I can't imagine a UPS package car driver like you. I've had the pleasure and privilege of working with well over a dozen drivers (Denver and Chicago) and NONE had the same attitude as you. One in Chicago was peeved but he explained himself. I understood his complaints. Yours...I don't. But for whatever reason, you hate Tie and hourlies that think he may have a good point. In fact, you seem to attack me just because I think he's an OK kinda sup.

I didn't attack you rocky, in fact I said I thought you were mature enough to agree to disagree. If that bothers you, I'll gladly take it back. It wasn't an attack on you, just highlighting your statement as funny. I think we're all adults here, and quite capable of determining for ourselves who is and isn't worthy of our respect based on how much respect that person shows in the first place. If you think tie is a good sup.. even tho he calls names etc... fine by me. We disagree, no biggie.

And you think I have a bad attitude just because I can discuss things in here? I'm quite confident in my beliefs... and willing to defend them if they are challenged. That's the nature of debate and the reason for public forums. The only time I've come down on anyone like I have on tie is when they behave like tie. Disagree with me all day and it will never bother me a bit. Resort to insults and I'll call you on them, but continue to try to discuss things in a mature matter. Continue to insult, and you'll lose my respect. Tie lost my respect... I'm actually surprised you're coming to his defense. I had you figured all wrong.

But it's just my opinion.. i'm not ripping anyone. And I'm glad you can't imagine a package car driver like me... after seeing what you support I would want to distance myself from your list of "buddies". My customers love me, management knows I bend over backwards to make their numbers work, and I have more integrity in my diad stylus than Tie has in his whole career.

canon

ROFLMAO thats rich. Do you ever tell the truth?
Tie pops off with something like this and you support it?

Do you really think that's true? It's a complete fabrication and distortion of the truth in an attempt to draw attention away from the manner in which he behaves on the board. Maybe he's the best supervisor in the world and just has a lousy online presence... but this is all we have to go by. He resorts to insults rather than discussion and you support that?

Why is it "20+ years of bitterness towards the company" when you're talking about hourly... yet with Tie you say "He's human, just like you." Is Tie getting cut slack just because ties stick together? And if you're cutting him slack, that alone means you see he's doing something wrong in the first place. Why would anyone with integrity do that? Stand up for what is right when that's the right thing to do. You seem mature enough that we can agree to disagree... we'll just have to disagree on this one. I'm not one to advocate trading integrity for popularity.

It's your choice, I don't care one way or the other the company you keep.

"Tell me what company you keep and I'll tell you what you are."
--Miguel de Cervantes

Sorry tie, did you say something?

tieguy

Banned
Sorry tie, did you say something?

Indeed I did. Your the guy that tells someone that you have nothing but love for them as you stick a knife in his back. Regardless of how you selectively pull your quotes you have been attacking the guy. If you honestly respected his opinion then you would have about 5 less posts on this thread then you currently do. You keep saying you don't care as you keep putting up another post attacking his opinion.

RockyRogue

Agent of Change
Bozo? lol... ok. Sorry for the mistake about u being in management. It came from this post you made:

Sorry, I read it as you were too new to Denver's inside management... um.

Nope, not in management and how you could have made that assumption from that post is a little bit of a reach, Canon.

So you're saying I should just drop it and ignore his insults? Hmm. You're saying that when he calls some hourlies names, nobody should call him on it? Are you for real? Why is you advocate everyone else just cater to Tie's little tantrums and everyone else should be the "bigger man" and just let it go? Why don't you hold Tie to the same standards you seem to condemn everyone else for?

No, never said you should drop it. Ever considered reasoning with him? He's actually quite reasonable and willing to talk. You throw insults at HIM and you don't think he'll come right back with his own? And certainly never said that when a management poster crosses the line, you shouldn't call him on it. In this situation, there's a RIGHT way and a WRONG way to do it. Unfortunately, many here seem to prefer the WRONG way. Never advocated "catering" to Tie's tantrums. Being a reasonable person, I'd like to think he's got a reason IF he throws a tantrum. If he does...great, I'll listen. If he doesn't I'll tell him to step up or step off. I hate to say it, Tie, but I've told p/t sups to step up or step off and if they wanted to step up to get full-timer. I've never felt the need to call a steward in those situations for ONE reason, Canon: I KNEW I was right and so did the sup. Who says I haven't held Tie to the same standards? I may not have done it in public but I have argued with him. Interesting arguements, I must say.

Show me one post where I said something that could even be remotely misconstrued as "bitter". From the very beginning I have maintined my good working relationship with management and dedication to performance. My only hangup is with management dragging their feet on fixing PAS. Post it or retract it, "Ace".

PAS...not even going into that one, largely because CACH made a good point with the driving arguments: I'm waaaay outta my depth. I'm not talking about one specific post, Canon. I'm talking about a summary of your posts suggesting bitterness/anger towards management, justifiable or not. Only you can decide if its justifiable or not.[/quote]

Guy, cut me slack or not.. don't care. Your low opinion of me means absolutely nothing now that I see you're nothing more than some suckup who thinks being "cool" with management somehow makes you more important. You've shown your true colors if you think it's ok for managment to name call... but not ok for hourly to stand up against it. Again, what is it you agree with? His claim that i'm a whiner? Post it. Agreed there are union people who hide behind the union and give the real workers a bad name... but you don't seem to care that it's a two way street and Tie is the posterchild for everything that is wrong with the company.

Suck-up???? DAM**T, Canon!!! I'm no suckup. I DO believe in a good working relationship with management. By and large, I've always had that with my management, at least those that respected me. Tie hasn't disrespected me thus far.

I guarantee you can't hold a candle to me on any level. It's funny you try.

Can't hold a candle to you? Well...I think Tie made a good point in a recent post about me helping dig Denver out of its backlog. I don't think I need to say more there.

canon

Indeed I did. Your the guy that tells someone that you have nothing but love for them as you stick a knife in his back. Regardless of how you selectively pull your quotes you have been attacking the guy. If you honestly respected his opinion then you would have about 5 less posts on this thread then you currently do. You keep saying you don't care as you keep putting up another post attacking his opinion.
Sorry, but I've maintained the same position: agree to disagree. He steps forward to tell someone else what a great guy you are, and it's funny. Once he fires at me about even questoining him... am I not allowed to respond?

Just post my attack. Maybe I see things differently. I even apologized when I thought he was in managment. He enters a debate about your integrity with the ammuntion of "tie is just human, that's why he insults" and in the same breath "people gang up on tie when he namecalls, is that fair?".... Sorry, he's quite capable of debating too.. although i think he's out of his element if that is what he's bringing to the table.

RockyRogue

Agent of Change
Sorry, but I've maintained the same position: agree to disagree. He steps forward to tell someone else what a great guy you are, and it's funny. Once he fires at me about even questoining him... am I not allowed to respond?

Just post my attack. Maybe I see things differently. I even apologized when I thought he was in managment. He enters a debate about your integrity with the ammuntion of "tie is just human, that's why he insults" and in the same breath "people gang up on tie when he namecalls, is that fair?".... Sorry, he's quite capable of debating too.. although i think he's out of his element if that is what he's bringing to the table.

OK, Canon. Is there something IN my depth you think I COULD argue with? Let me know. -Rocky.

tieguy

Banned

I'm starting to wonder if this may be the real reason you have such a hard time with management in your building. It appears you don't know when to shut your mouth and do your job. You claim to respect the mans opinion and don't care how he feels you keep creating another post where you keep trying to beat the guy some more.

I don't have to do anything more to prove my point then to continue being a positive poster here while you three attack me for not being disgruntled like you folks. Every post you make speaks on your three extremely negative outlook on life. [/quote]

Ladies and Gentlemen,Tony Robbins is in the house.:laugh:

canon

Nope, not in management and how you could have made that assumption from that post is a little bit of a reach, Canon.

I posted the point and apologized. If that's not enough, you can have my turkey this year too. Thanks for calling me Bozo.

RockyRogue said:
No, never said you should drop it. Ever considered reasoning with him? He's actually quite reasonable and willing to talk. You throw insults at HIM and you don't think he'll come right back with his own? And certainly never said that when a management poster crosses the line, you shouldn't call him on it. In this situation, there's a RIGHT way and a WRONG way to do it. Unfortunately, many here seem to prefer the WRONG way. Never advocated "catering" to Tie's tantrums. Being a reasonable person, I'd like to think he's got a reason IF he throws a tantrum. If he does...great, I'll listen. If he doesn't I'll tell him to step up or step off. I hate to say it, Tie, but I've told p/t sups to step up or step off and if they wanted to step up to get full-timer. I've never felt the need to call a steward in those situations for ONE reason, Canon: I KNEW I was right and so did the sup. Who says I haven't held Tie to the same standards? I may not have done it in public but I have argued with him. Interesting arguements, I must say.
Yes I tried reasoning with him, he called me stupid. Several posters said they agreed with my assesment of PAS, and he said I had begged them to come to my aid. And post my insults to him. I gave my evaluation of why I thought he was bitter, but it was based on the same management situations I see at my building. Even then, only calling for him to leave the insults out. Who says you haven't held tie to the same standards? I do.

By the very definition of double standard, you hold that it's human for tie to insult, yet employee bitterness and whining to stand up to such. If you want me to post your statement again where u said it, I can do that too. Or you can just scroll up.

dou·ble stan·dard (plural dou·ble stan·dards)

noun
Definition:

standard applied unfairly: a principle, rule, or expectation that is applied unfairly to different groups, one group usually being condemned for the slightest offense while the other is treated far more leniently

RockyRogue said:
PAS...not even going into that one, largely because CACH made a good point with the driving arguments: I'm waaaay outta my depth. I'm not talking about one specific post, Canon. I'm talking about a summary of your posts suggesting bitterness/anger towards management, justifiable or not. Only you can decide if its justifiable or not.

The summary of my posts is that I'm sincerely bitter towards management in respect to their not fixing pas.. but have maintained the whole time I have a good working relationship with management.

RockyRogue said:
Suck-up???? DAM**T, Canon!!! I'm no suckup. I DO believe in a good working relationship with management. By and large, I've always had that with my management, at least those that respected me. Tie hasn't disrespected me thus far.
If you don't want to be seen as a suckup, then stop acting like one. Stop making excuses for tie's childish bahavior. And if the only thing keeping your respect for Tie is that he hasn't disrespected you, then you know why I have no respect for him. He has disrespected me.

RockyRogue said:
Can't hold a candle to you? Well...I think Tie made a good point in a recent post about me helping dig Denver out of its backlog. I don't think I need to say more there.
I applaud you. I shouldn't have said it, reactionary statment. Since tie complimented you, it's ok for him to insult me.

canon

I'm starting to wonder if this may be the real reason you have such a hard time with management in your building. It appears you don't know when to shut your mouth and do your job. You claim to respect the mans opinion and don't care how he feels you keep creating another post where you keep trying to beat the guy some more.
You're ignoring the repeated post that I have a fine working relationship with management at my building. Not when it comes to PAS. I can do my job without shutting my mouth.

I respect Rock's opinion... but that doesn't mean I have to remain silent. It's not "beating the guy" to disagree.

I originally had no beef with Tie personally,I had a beef with mgmt of a certain type. If he feels it was directed towards him then he must be of that type. In the same way I laugh at his insults of crying and laziness as I am not of that type. He likes to come here and get personal and I am more than happy to give it back.

RockyRogue

Agent of Change
All right, gents. This was a nice distraction for a Saturday. Thanks. I'll step to the sidelines now and let ya'll duke it out. Tie, I'm glad we have something of and alliance against the laziness pervading the company. And Canon/CACH: I watch for posts I disagree with. I'll defend Tie if I think he's right but I'm not gonna play dirty. I like to keep it clean as much as possible. I'll name-call if its appropriate but I've found reason goes a lot further in most situations. Tie: good fight. We'll have to do it again soon. -Rocky

canon

All right, gents. This was a nice distraction for a Saturday. Thanks. I'll step to the sidelines now and let ya'll duke it out. Tie, I'm glad we have something of and alliance against the laziness pervading the company. And Canon/CACH: I watch for posts I disagree with. I'll defend Tie if I think he's right but I'm not gonna play dirty. I like to keep it clean as much as possible. I'll name-call if its appropriate but I've found reason goes a lot further in most situations. Tie: good fight. We'll have to do it again soon. -Rocky
Fair enough. It's all in good fun for me.. no hard feelings. I'm not sure everyone can say that, but that's how I operate. While you're standing up for when you think tie is right... a person with integrity might also point out when he's wrong as you've said you have seen. We'll see if you walk the walk.

:thumbup1:

RockyRogue

Agent of Change
Fair enough. It's all in good fun for me.. no hard feelings. I'm not sure everyone can say that, but that's how I operate. While you're standing up for when you think tie is right... a person with integrity might also point out when he's wrong as you've said you have seen. We'll see if you walk the walk.

:thumbup1:

Ahhhhh, Canon. As I said in a post somewhere in here, I've called Tie on things when I think he's wrong. I very much believe in respect and abhor the ganging up on Tie that happens quite a bit on this board. No, if I have a problem with something Tie says, I'll discuss it with him directly. So far, he's been reasonable and willing to talk. Until THAT changes, its status quo. -Rocky