Speed Cameras

rod

Retired 22 years
Sure but stale green lights....happens to me all the time where I know I'm about to run a red light but it's much safer to do so rather than slam on the brakes and get rear ended....

So the light turns red before you get to it and you still think its best to run it. I can see being caught off guard once in a blue moon but if you are doing it all the time you are a ticking time bomb for causing a major accident.

oldngray

nowhere special
So the light turns red before you get to it and you still think its best to run it. I can see being caught off guard once in a blue moon but if you are doing it all the time you are a ticking time bomb for causing a major accident.
Studies have shown the cameras can cause more accidents from people slamming on their brakes.

Netsua 3:16

AND THAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE
More like the light is turning red as I enter the intersection. When the speed limit is 50 and you get to that point of decision going 40-45 it always seems much scarier to me to slam on the brakes

F

Frankie's Friend

After a trip back from Florida (my friend and I drove his new TranAm) I believe it was the state of Georgia that sent him a pic of his license plate and a bill/ticket for speeding.
My friend sent them a copy of the bill and a picture of the money it would take to pay the ticket.
They werent nearly as amused as we were and I still laugh about it to this day.

rod

Retired 22 years
We get a bill from Texas about every other year for unpaid tolls. (Around Dallas they closed all the toll booths and everything is done by cameras now so we just blast through the check points). I asked my daughter if I should be paying them. She said if I ever got stopped in Texas chances are I would end up paying them and more----so I pay them.