Speed Cameras

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
If you have a pickup with the plate directly behind the hitch, get the biggest hitch ball you can find. I saw this work getting one thrown out because one character was obscured.

clean hairy

After a trip back from Florida (my friend and I drove his new TranAm) I believe it was the state of Georgia that sent him a pic of his license plate and a bill/ticket for speeding.
My friend sent them a copy of the bill and a picture of the money it would take to pay the ticket.
They werent nearly as amused as we were and I still laugh about it to this day.
They did not send a picture of handcuffs?

rod

Retired 22 years
After a trip back from Florida (my friend and I drove his new TranAm) I believe it was the state of Georgia that sent him a pic of his license plate and a bill/ticket for speeding.
My friend sent them a copy of the bill and a picture of the money it would take to pay the ticket.
They werent nearly as amused as we were and I still laugh about it to this day.

It is funny now but that stuff has a way of catching up to you. I have a nephew who was quite the hell raiser in his younger days. After he straightened out his act he thought he had all his "crimes" straightened out and paid for and he was moving to Arizona. Before he left he had his dad go with him to the cop shop to make sure everything was good to go. He wanted a fresh start. When they ran his name through the computer the cop looked at him and said "well I guess we've been looking for you" and locked him up. Some kind of ancient warrant that he had supposedly forgot about came back to haunt him.

rod

Retired 22 years
I swear 9 out of 10 people around here have a warrant out for their arrest. Nobody wants to show up for their court date.

rod

Retired 22 years
One of the local McDonalds is also the Jefferson Bus Lines transfer /break spot. About 2:00 in the afternoon there are usually 5 buses parked in their lot and the place is packed with shifty looking characters. I bet if the cops ran a warrant check on that bunch 3/4 of them wouldn't be getting back on the bus.

F

Frankie's Friend

It is funny now but that stuff has a way of catching up to you. I have a nephew who was quite the hell raiser in his younger days. After he straightened out his act he thought he had all his "crimes" straightened out and paid for and he was moving to Arizona. Before he left he had his dad go with him to the cop shop to make sure everything was good to go. He wanted a fresh start. When they ran his name through the computer the cop looked at him and said "well I guess we've been looking for you" and locked him up. Some kind of ancient warrant that he had supposedly forgot about came back to haunt him.
Gotta read the fine print.
Heck if I would have gone to the cop shop when I was a kid and told them I was gonna move out of town they probably would have driven me there...warrant or no warrant.
You know they say bad kids make good cops...

and teamsters.

F

Frankie's Friend

One of the local McDonalds is also the Jefferson Bus Lines transfer /break spot. About 2:00 in the afternoon there are usually 5 buses parked in their lot and the place is packed with shifty looking characters. I bet if the cops ran a warrant check on that bunch 3/4 of them wouldn't be getting back on the bus.
Drive officers?

DOK

Hey that would be profiling, isn’t that that illegal