Speeding Ticket

BrownSnowFlake

Got pulled over in my personal vehicle this morning on the way to drive Saturday air. Issued a citation / summons for my alleged speeding. (71mph in a 55mph zone) Going to Integrad on June 3rd.

What do?

Box Ox

Got pulled over in my personal vehicle this morning on the way to drive Saturday air. Issued a citation / summons for my alleged speeding. (71mph in a 55mph zone) Going to Integrad on June 3rd.

What do?

Pay a lawyer like $100 to go to court for you and get it thrown out.

Even if UPS if fine with it, paying a ticket outright is an admission of guilt. So you get the ticket, the court costs and a big auto insurance rate hike in some states. At least try to get it knocked down.

I GOT ONE MORE

Some locals have a 'legal services benefit'.

I got a ticket several years ago for crossing over a double yellow line. Turned it over to the lawyer, who got it dismissed, and I never had to go to court. Beautiful benefit.

542thruNthru

What do?

Don't worry about it. Once a year every driver is asked to report if they had any tickets the year before. Just make sure you're honest on that and you'll be fine.

Also SLOW DOWN!! :)

Misthios

I love my job. Don't you?
I don't know where in the country you are but Indiana does a deferment type thing where you pay it and it's like it never happened. Might be worth checking into if available.

rod

Retired 22 years
I've got a Vietnam Veteran bumper sticker and a Retired Teamster sticker on the back of my truck. The cops belong to the Teamster Union here. I could rob banks and not get stopped.

BrownSnowFlake

Follow-up for anybody who might find themselves in a similar situation:

Retained a lawyer to fight the ticket. He entered a “not guilty” plea on my behalf and the court scheduled a hearing for July 3rd.

The state trooper who wrote the ticket failed to appear and the charges were dismissed without prejudice.