Spies like Us

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
The latest balloon crossed the US over a period of like 8 days, right? So....not similar incidents at all. It would make sense that it's not as big a deal if a balloon were to, say, dip into a coastal state for a "brief" period and then leave US airspace as the balloons are apparently maneuverable.

"senior Pentagon officials said in an on-background press conference on Saturday that suspected Chinese surveillance balloons crossed into the US at least three times during the Trump administration and once earlier in the Biden administration.

"PRC [People's Republic of China] government surveillance balloons transited the continental United States briefly at least three times during the prior administration and once that we know of at the beginning of this administration, but never for this duration of time," a senior defense official said at the conference."
It was just the tip the first few times. Once China realized nothing was being done they ramped it up

Thebrownblob

Thebrownblob

So you have no problem with China buying up our farms and land but the balloon was a major crime/Biden failure?
I don’t really know if I like China corporations, buying land but if it’s legal what right do they have to stop it? Remember, we just went through the previous administration trying to single out certain ethnic groups for a for entry into the country. Based off a list from the previous administration, no less, and you guys threw a fit .And I don’t know that I said it was a Biden failure. National security failure possibly but apparently the Biden administration feels it was a failure because they had to get the propaganda machine running to say it happened under Trump as well, even though no one knows anything about it.
I can have disagreements with the Trump administration but if he would’ve suggested this the left would’ve gone nuts. I get tired of hypocrisy

Last edited:

newolddude

I don’t really know if I like China corporations, buying land but if it’s legal what right do they have to stop it? Remember, we just went through the previous administration trying to single out certain ethnic groups for a for entry into the country. and you guys threw a fit .And I don’t know that I said it was a Biden failure. National security failure possibly but apparently the Biden administration feels it was a failure because they had to get the propaganda machine running to say it happened under Trump as well, even though no one knows anything about it.
I can have disagreements with the Trump administration but if he would’ve suggested this the left would’ve gone nuts. I get tired of hypocrisy

I’m tired of the Chinese, Saudis etc buying stuff here but we’re not allowed to do the same in their countries.

Corporations aren’t people.

Thebrownblob

I’m tired of the Chinese, Saudis etc buying stuff here but we’re not allowed to do the same in their countries.

Yes, corporations are ran by people lol.
I’m sure FDR was tired of worrying about the Japanese loyalists, so he felt justified putting them in prison camps, didn’t make it right. And just like you said you have no problem with excluding the corporation just based on their ethnicity. I’m sure a lot of people didn’t have a problem with what FDR did at the time hindsight is 2020. I don’t think we have declared war on China or vice versa. Yet , as far I know.

Last edited:

Thebrownblob

Now, if you want to say, corporations are construct of government, rules, and regulations, I would agree with you. Perhaps the answer is to let no corporations buy land, including our own. They certainly seem to get unfair advantages that you and I never get.

newolddude

Seems a bit sad China has to resort to using balloon for spying.

But let’s not forget China had to buy a POS oil fueled aircraft carrier to get that program going.

Thebrownblob

Seems a bit sad China has to resort to using balloon for spying.

But let’s not forget China had to buy a POS oil fueled aircraft carrier to get that program going.
Great it was collecting data. They probably saw us on brown café now we’re screwed. We’re not gonna be able to keep this place a secret for long.
1675970417787.gif

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
Great it was collecting data. They probably saw us on brown café now we’re screwed. We’re not gonna be able to keep this place a secret for long.
View attachment 417334
As much as my own gubmint spies on me, I could give a :censored2: what China knows. Nevertheless, I'll seize the opportunity provided by this event to criticize how worthless and weak this regime is.

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
Nothing like what happened. If it happened before it was just skirting the border. These jackasses let fly over the entire country. Come on man.
The establishment was looking for every possible opportunity available to smear Trump the entire time he was in office but we're supposed to believe that they waited all this time until POTATUS' international display of embarrassment now to finally say wEll AcKshUallY tRuMp HaD bALL00nz TOO. Lol no.

Thebrownblob

As much as my own gubmint spies on me, I could give a :censored2: what China knows. Nevertheless, I'll seize the opportunity provided by this event to criticize how worthless and weak this regime is.
Last I checked, China cannot put me in jail, seize my property. Close my bank account. Or force me to do anything at all. But my government sure can.