Spies like Us

Thebrownblob

Is it possible you can have more than one job? Investor? Writer? Professional speaker? Is it possible many made a lot of their money prior to their congressional jobs?
Gosh, they just must’ve gotten lucky with all those deals. I’m sure they have no special privileges because of their positions? L O L if you like your masters, you can keep your masters. SMH becoming a congress person or senator is the jackpot of life. It has absolutely nothing to do with serving the electorate.

vantexan

Is it possible you can have more than one job? Investor? Writer? Professional speaker? Is it possible many made a lot of their money prior to their congressional jobs?
Joe Biden was in Congress 40 years. Vice-president 8 years. How is he a multimillionaire? How is his son making millions in fields he has no expertise, training, or experience? Said himself on ABC interview he wouldn't be sitting on executive boards or making deals if his last name wasn't Biden.

Next Day Error

X - Other
Joe Biden was in Congress 40 years. Vice-president 8 years. How is he a multimillionaire? How is his son making millions in fields he has no expertise, training, or experience? Said himself on ABC interview he wouldn't be sitting on executive boards or making deals if his last name wasn't Biden.

How is he a multimillionaire?
It's in the public record. Book deals/speaking engagements are very lucrative.

How is his son making millions in fields he has no expertise, training, or experience? Said himself on ABC interview he wouldn't be sitting on executive boards or making deals if his last name wasn't Biden.
I don't dispute this and never will. Influence buys access. When has that ever been not the case?

Next Day Error

X - Other
Uh-huh?

What's the matter? Cat got your tongue?

You guys make a point and I concede it; millionaires get to Washington a lot easier than non-millionaires. Millions are no doubt made in Congress and after. The revolving door of power, money and influence. I do not dispute this.

It's (a.) a bipartisan problem and (b.) not likely ever going to ever change.

What are we even arguing about?

What I'm not going to argue about endlessly is the accusation that some nebulous misconduct is being engaged in when some of the answers to your questions are in the public record, i.e. Joe Biden's wealth. And all the while you dismiss someone like ex-president Trump's self-dealing crap with his hotels and foreign dignitaries and the like while he served as president.

Besides, aren't a lot of you capitalists? Don't you believe in people being able to go out into the free market and rake it in?

You levy the accusation of millionaires in Congress. How they got those millions is definitely important, but you can't stop there. You should keep digging. Some of those answers are publicly available.

Thebrownblob

Uh-huh?

You guys make a point and I concede it; millionaires get to Washington a lot easier than non-millionaires. Millions are no doubt made in Congress and after. The revolving door of power, money and influence. I do not dispute this.

What I'm not going to argue about endlessly is the accusation that some nebulous misconduct is being engaged in when some of the answers to your questions are in the public record, i.e. Joe Biden's wealth. And all the while you dismiss someone like ex-president Trump's self-dealing crap with his hotels and foreign dignitaries and the like while he served as president.

Besides, aren't a lot of you capitalists? Don't you believe in people being able to go out into the free market and rake it in?

You levy the accusation of millionaires in Congress. How they got those millions is definitely important, but you can't stop there. You should keep digging. Some of those answers are publicly available.
Well the cat doesn’t have my tongue. I didn’t make it Partisan. What you speak of is not capitalism it is crony capitalism. But nice try. Also, pretending you’re the only one digging is hilarious. I spend upwards of 30 days a year dealing with my state legislature. Most of them are the first line of people hoping to get the jackpot. of going to Washington.
Everything I do it there is to push pro labor, pro working, people agenda. To your face, they will all talk a good game, but when it comes time to actually cast a vote, most of them cast with whoever gave them the most money and has the most political influence.
Finding an honest politician, that keeps their word is difficult. Having them stay honest the longer there in these positions and climb. The ladder is almost impossible. Our system is screwed. Money equals access. I’m sorry I’m not OK with it and you are.

vantexan

Uh-huh?

Let's look at the Clinton's. They claimed due to Bill's legal bills they were essentially broke when they left the White House in 2001. They're now worth over $100 million. How is that possible? Well for one when Hillary became Secretary of State Bill suddenly started doing speeches for $500k or more. At least one for $750k. After she left the State Department it was presumed she was likely the next president. She started giving speeches for similar amounts to what Bill got. But it was also found out that she was illegally conducting State Department business on a private computer server and in spite of a subpoena she made sure 30,000 of those emails were never seen. So exactly what was promised in those emails that got Bill those extraordinarily lucrative gigs? What did she promise to get similar gigs in her run-up to being the likely president? If you think it was all typical run of the mill stuff please point to anyone doing similar in the history of the country? That has taken it to this level? Not to mention the hundreds of millions given to the Clinton Foundation that they used for private jet travel, luxury hotels and restaurants.

Well, there is one. Hunter Biden has been making deals for decades now. Right now and for some time he's become an "artist" selling his "art" for hundreds of thousands each. But won't release the names of these buyers who think he's so incredible they're willing to throw huge sums at him. If you think all those deals in the past made by the Clintons and Bidens are just par for the course you're being either disingenuous or naive. They're peddling influence, it's illegal, and may have jeopardized the security of the country. And I'd say that if it were Trump or any other Republican too. Throw them all in jail if laws were broken. Stop making excuses for crooks if they're your party leadership. And nobody is giving the Clintons, Bidens, or anyone else large sums of money because they just think they're swell. Something is expected in return that will make them even more money. Just ask the Irish Billionaire who was awarded the cellphone contract for Haiti after they had to rebuild from the big earthquake. Bill gave his company a nice speech for a lot of money.

Last edited:

Next Day Error

X - Other
Let's look at the Clinton's. They claimed due to Bill's legal bills they were essentially broke when they left the White House in 2001. They're now worth over $100 million. How is that possible? Well for one when Hillary became Secretary of State Bill suddenly started doing speeches for $500k or more. At least one for $750k. After she left the State Department it was presumed she was likely the next president. She started giving speeches for similar amounts to what Bill got. But it was also found out that she was illegally conducting State Department business on a private computer server and in spite of a subpoena she made sure 30,000 of those emails were never seen. So exactly what was promised in those emails that got Bill those extraordinarily lucrative gigs? What did she promise to get similar gigs in her run-up to being the likely president? If you think it was all typical run of the mill stuff please point to anyone doing similar in the history of the country? That has taken it to this level? Not to mention the hundreds of millions given to the Clinton Foundation that they used for private jet travel, luxury hotels and restaurants.

Well, there is one. Hunter Biden has been making deals for decades now. Right now and for some time he's become an "artist" selling his "art" for hundreds of thousands each. But won't release the names of these buyers who think he's so incredible they're willing to throw huge sums at him. If you think all those deals in the past made by the Clintons and Bidens are just par for the course you're being either disingenuous or naive. They're peddling influence, it's illegal, and may have jeopardized the security of the country. And I'd say that if it were Trump or any other Republican too. Throw them all in jail if laws were broken. Stop making excuses for crooks if they're your party leadership. And nobody is giving the Clintons, Bidens, or anyone else large sums of money because they just think they're swell. Something is expected in return that will make them even more money. Just ask the Irish Billionaire who was awarded the cellphone contract for Haiti after they had to rebuild from the big earthquake. Bill gave his company a nice speech for a lot of money.

The wealthy and powerful leverage their influence for money. I'm shocked.

Problem is proving specific misconduct. You allege instances of misconduct with some of those instances already been decided not worthy of legal recourse by the FBI.

Doesn't take long for you guys to all go back to screaming about EMAILS! with absolutely no leg to stand on. Just some hunch, some seeming appearance of impropriety. You'll have to do better than that.

Next Day Error

X - Other
Well the cat doesn’t have my tongue. I didn’t make it Partisan. What you speak of is not capitalism it is crony capitalism. But nice try. Also, pretending you’re the only one digging is hilarious. I spend upwards of 30 days a year dealing with my state legislature. Most of them are the first line of people hoping to get the jackpot. of going to Washington.
Everything I do it there is to push pro labor, pro working, people agenda. To your face, they will all talk a good game, but when it comes time to actually cast a vote, most of them cast with whoever gave them the most money and has the most political influence.
Finding an honest politician, that keeps their word is difficult. Having them stay honest the longer there in these positions and climb. The ladder is almost impossible. Our system is screwed. Money equals access. I’m sorry I’m not OK with it and you are.
Glad you're fighting for working people.

I'm only OK with it as far as I know there's not a damn thing about that fact that is going to change. The key is to raise hell and raise money and take what you can, when you can. That's why I've been voting Democratic for the last 10 years. They are not perfect but you can count on them to be a better bulwark against mass antilabor movements than the Republicans.

Take Biden, for example. In his SOTU speech. You can be as cynical as you want about what he's talking about but at least the old guy is changing the conversation. He's got his labor secretary out there actually at union events. He has a prolabor bent to him. Does he need his feet held to fire? Yes! Probably more so because he's even talking a big game. That same scrutiny wouldn't apply to my antiunion Senator, for example. A waste of freaking time.

newolddude

Biden wasn’t a multimillionaire until he left office. He was often listed 95th to 98th in wealth while a senator. The money didn’t come in until he left office.

Next Day Error

X - Other
I see you’ve all been watching Fox News today.

“After a five-minute conversation recapping Hunter Biden’s business dealings to build up her case, Bartiromo suggested to the senator that President Joe Biden may have intentionally allowed the spy balloon to fly over the U.S. because the Chinese Community Party (CCP) has compromising information on him and his family.”

LOL! How anyone can sit there and watch this crap and take it seriously is way beyond me. What trash.

Thebrownblob

Glad you're fighting for working people.

I'm only OK with it as far as I know there's not a damn thing about that fact that is going to change. The key is to raise hell and raise money and take what you can, when you can. That's why I've been voting Democratic for the last 10 years. They are not perfect but you can count on them to be a better bulwark against mass antilabor movements than the Republicans.

Take Biden, for example. In his SOTU speech. You can be as cynical as you want about what he's talking about but at least the old guy is changing the conversation. He's got his labor secretary out there actually at union events. He has a prolabor bent to him. Does he need his feet held to fire? Yes! Probably more so because he's even talking a big game. That same scrutiny wouldn't apply to my antiunion Senator, for example. A waste of freaking time.
Holding their feet to the fire, is what we do. And I cannot lie. Democrats pick up the phone a lot more than Republicans for labor and working people issues. Now just because they pick up the phone doesn’t mean they always follow through with their promise. But by and large they are more receptive.

vantexan

The wealthy and powerful leverage their influence for money. I'm shocked.

Problem is proving specific misconduct. You allege instances of misconduct with some of those instances already been decided not worthy of legal recourse by the FBI.

Doesn't take long for you guys to all go back to screaming about EMAILS! with absolutely no leg to stand on. Just some hunch, some seeming appearance of impropriety. You'll have to do better than that.
They are protected by the FBI. The FBI got Hunter's laptop in 2019 and told the Big Tech firms and other media outlets there was going to be some Russian disinformation concerning it(according to them). The Washington Post, the New York Times, and others have all since declared the laptop legitimately Hunter's.

Next Day Error

X - Other
They are protected by the FBI. The FBI got Hunter's laptop in 2019 and told the Big Tech firms and other media outlets there was going to be some Russian disinformation concerning it(according to them). The Washington Post, the New York Times, and others have all since declared the laptop legitimately Hunter's.
Well. I guess we will find out if they think there’s anything worth pursuing prosecution for.