Spies like Us

Box Ox

They are protected by the FBI. The FBI got Hunter's laptop in 2019 and told the Big Tech firms and other media outlets there was going to be some Russian disinformation concerning it(according to them). The Washington Post, the New York Times, and others have all since declared the laptop legitimately Hunter's.
Well. I guess we will find out if they think there’s anything worth pursuing prosecution for.

The FBI has had Hunter's laptop for 4 years now and they're finally gonna figure out whether there's anything worth prosecuting for on it. Good stuff.

vantexan

OK, here's a redo:

Indeed. I was kinda surprised at the thought when I typed out "The FBI has had Hunter's laptop for approximately 3.17 years now."
The question really is why haven't they done anything with it because it is very detailed about his illegal deals.

Box Ox

The question really is why haven't they done anything with it because it is very detailed about his illegal deals.

Maybe another 2 years will be tacked onto the laptop inspection to take it past the end of 2024. Wouldn't want it to influence the election.

vantexan

Maybe another 2 years will be tacked onto the laptop inspection to take it past the end of 2024. Wouldn't want it to influence the election.
I get the sense you don't think there's anything there. Tens of millions in deals. At the very least they could charge him as an unregistered lobbyist for foreign governments. I think we're so jaded by television and movies that unless there are big shootouts and explosions we aren't impressed.

Box Ox

I get the sense you don't think there's anything there. Tens of millions in deals. At the very least they could charge him as an unregistered lobbyist for foreign governments. I think we're so jaded by television and movies that unless there are big shootouts and explosions we aren't impressed.

I do think there could be something on the laptop and am chuckling a little bit at those on the left who are saying "Let's see what the FBI finds on the laptop" when it's already been over 3 years.

Next Day Error

X - Other
I do think there could be something on the laptop and am chuckling a little bit at those on the left who are saying "Let's see what the FBI finds on the laptop" when it's already been over 3 years.
It’s always possible that they’ve been so mum about the laptop for so long because they’re building a behemoth case against the Biden’s behind the scene. Nobody knows except those who knows. We’re not in any position to say for sure.

newolddude

It’s always possible that they’ve been so mum about the laptop for so long because they’re building a behemoth case against the Biden’s behind the scene. Nobody knows except those who knows. We’re not in any position to say for sure.

They’re just waiting to drop it Mid October 2024.

Next Day Error

X - Other
They’re just waiting to drop it Mid October 2024.
If they don't have a fully prosecutable case ready until then... so be it!

I'm guessing there's not much to work with. Keep in mind that if there's no case to be made they will likely not announce that there are no charges. They'll just quietly drop it with no fanfare. This is standard FBI/DOJ practice, as far as I know. The Clinton email saga was the notable deviation from this standard procedure.

Meanwhile, in this scenario, the GOP conspiracy theory machine will churn on as if they definitely JUST KNOW SOMETHING that the rest of us don't.

vantexan

If they don't have a fully prosecutable case ready until then... so be it!

I'm guessing there's not much to work with. Keep in mind that if there's no case to be made they will likely not announce that there are no charges. They'll just quietly drop it with no fanfare. This is standard FBI/DOJ practice, as far as I know. The Clinton email saga was the notable deviation from this standard procedure.

Meanwhile, in this scenario, the GOP conspiracy theory machine will churn on as if they definitely JUST KNOW SOMETHING that the rest of us don't.
What's to know? Mark Zuckerberg told Joe Rogan last year that the FBI came to him and Facebook and told them before the 2020 election there was about to be a big drop of Russian disinformation about Hunter Biden and his laptop. So they adjusted their algorithm to deal with that. And we know from Twitter company documents released by Elon Musk that they were working with the FBI to suppress any mention of the laptop. Former Twitter execs were getting grilled by a House committee last week about it. Already well established that the FBI got the laptop in 2019 and it has been verified as Hunter's by numerous news sources. And the computer repair shop owner who initially went to the FBI with it but was rejected? Has received a lot of death threats after he gave it to Rudy Giuliani. The FBI got interested in it then and took possession of it.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
First it was the two Asian men in Ca with guns.
Now it's a homeless guy with a UHaul.
Could it be that those "weather balloons " had something to do with it ?

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
1676412399744.png

Box Ox

From The Washington Post via MSN:

U.S. tracked China spy balloon from launch on Hainan Island along unusual path (msn.com)

"By the time a Chinese spy balloon crossed into American airspace late last month, U.S. military and intelligence agencies had been tracking it for nearly a week, watching as it lifted off from its home base near China’s south coast, an earlier sighting of the balloon than has been previously known."

Nice.
Lol so they were lying the whole time, pretending they did not know where it came from?

Maybe why Biden ordered the military to shoot down a couple more objects that probably weren't Chinese spy balloons. This additional piece of information was going to be released and he didn't want to look like a total cuckyducky.

Box Ox

“A small, globe-trotting balloon declared “missing in action” by an Illinois-based hobbyist club on Feb. 15 has emerged as a candidate to explain one of the three mystery objects shot down by four heat-seeking missiles launched by U.S. Air Force fighters since Feb. 10.”