Split Shifts

Purplepackage

This kind of :censored2: is why I always hit them for all they're worth when it gets busy. If I stick around for peak this year I'll be up against the 70 hour rule. It just sucks for me that I can't work both days off and get double time because I need a 34 hour reset but most other drivers (including PTers) can if they want to because they're non-DOT.

On the other hand it's good because by the time Sunday rolls around I need a day off. I'd take the hours if they were there though.

You have to love it though, they are trying to make 4x10s take an hour break even though if I do I will only get 9.5 hours, so I have only been taking a half and haven't heard anything about it. I get 10 hours of straight everyday and I will continue to do that to get my 40 hours

dex 84

You have to love it though, they are trying to make 4x10s take an hour break even though if I do I will only get 9.5 hours, so I have only been taking a half and haven't heard anything about it. I get 10 hours of straight everyday and I will continue to do that to get my 40 hours

We don't have 4-10s but they're trying to get everyone over 8 to get a full but if you can't you're supposed to ask for help, and if you ask for help there might not be any or you might end up having to argue about whether or not you actually need help or they might send someone 45 minutes out of the way to take 6 stops off you. And depending on who you are you might be able to just take a half and not hear about it.

Purplepackage

We don't have 4-10s but they're trying to get everyone over 8 to get a full but if you can't you're supposed to ask for help, and if you ask for help there might not be any or you might end up having to argue about whether or not you actually need help or they might send someone 45 minutes out of the way to take 6 stops off you. And depending on who you are you might be able to just take a half and not hear about it.

Oh I love the exception to taking an hour break. When is the last time someone has gotten an hour in on a Monday because I can't remember

dex 84

Oh I love the exception to taking an hour break. When is the last time someone has gotten an hour in on a Monday because I can't remember

Mondays must be different at your station. For us it's the day the freight is on time and there's less of it. Actually it gets to the station well before the sort starts.

Purplepackage

Mondays must be different at your station. For us it's the day the freight is on time and there's less of it. Actually it gets to the station well before the sort starts.

Same for us but we have to absorb all of the Tuesday-saturday routes along with a few 4/10s that are always off Monday. And as for their being less frieght I can never tell because I have to take p2 for a whole extra town and run an extra p1 area. Tuesdays are the light day for us (unless I have to leave all my tuesdays on Monday)

dex 84

Same for us but we have to absorb all of the Tuesday-saturday routes along with a few 4/10s that are always off Monday. And as for their being less frieght I can never tell because I have to take p2 for a whole extra town and run an extra p1 area. Tuesdays are the light day for us (unless I have to leave all my tuesdays on Monday)
Yeah that would make a difference. There's not many T-S full timers for us so on Monday we're not covering that much more area. There are a few routes that have a lot more on their plate on Mondays but most don't.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Hey You guys, Dano is telling you all to quit working for Purple. This must be the word coming out of MEM1. Thanks for the inside information. Been here too long to quit now but will be retiring pretty soon. I could sooner but I actually enjoy coming to work and being in my area all day.

Telling someone to quit a job they don't like is the most common sense idea on the planet, which is why some people here don't like that idea.

Flaco50

What is the weekly limit -per policy for scheduled splits? I believe the policy states 3? At our station it's an epidemic. Many of us are being scheduled for 4 and sometimes 5 splits a week with a 4 hour break to reduce OT. P1 route then night route. Overflow P2 is given to part-time, not us full-time splitters. Our regional HR and the Alert line have not helped, anyone know the contact information to Memphis HR? Any advice is appreciated. Many at my station have been doing splits for over 10 years. Exhausted.
People manual says 2 last time I looked.however that may be for swings, but try looking it up there in people manual