Spoiling Christmas

We can only do as much as we can do. Peak is a hard time a year. We are Santa clause. We are tired we have our own families and we work some long hours this time a year. I don't know about you all but I'm so tired after this week that I'm shot.

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
I'm the same way. I couldn't work for them the way they operate now. For the most part the drivers today are robots who may as well be wearing shock collars. Give me the old days when we worked on paper where if you could put up with their half an hour of BS in the morning you had it made the rest of the day------No messages or any other contact with the center until you got back in at night and usually there wasn't anyone there if you were late enough.
Absolutely ,,, I am probably in a small % of only a few on here who delivered on paper ,, yes they were different times ,,

oldandcrabby

The sights and sounds of Christmas mean much more to me than any purchased gift.

You forgot to add the smells. Cookies baking in the oven. We are not into the gift giving until after the 26th and before the 31st . Then we all have time to breathe and enjoy. I start baking Christmas cookies first Saturday after Thanksgiving.

oldandcrabby

We can only do as much as we can do. Peak is a hard time a year. We are Santa clause. We are tired we have our own families and we work some long hours this time a year. I don't know about you all but I'm so tired after this week that I'm shot.

Your avatar is how my husband looked as he was coming thru the guard shack last night at 8:45pm we have had vehicle repairs going on for last 2 weeks.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Just ruined the surprise for the first time this year. Guy answered the door and says "boy she's gonna be :censored2: that this wasn't wrapped."

People, if you want to keep the surprise, no matter how much money you save online, please go to the store. I don't want attitude because i "spoiled" Christmas.
No tip? Expect the photo on the Barbie playhouse to be facing the kids!

What's very strange is good tippers somehow are told about pictures on the parcels? Weird hun?

a911scanner

I agree with those of you that are "old school" or have a service mentality, as I do.

However, I have ZERO time to stop at the 15-40 houses today for an extra 2 minutes each to ensure that Christmas is not ruined. When I have 250-350 stops to get done, I don't have an extra 1/2hr to hour total time to spare.

If I had 150 or less stops, I will give that time to the customer every single time. Sucks, but it's what we're forced to do.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I agree with those of you that are "old school" or have a service mentality, as I do.

However, I have ZERO time to stop at the 15-40 houses today for an extra 2 minutes each to ensure that Christmas is not ruined. When I have 250-350 stops to get done, I don't have an extra 1/2hr to hour total time to spare.

If I had 150 or less stops, I will give that time to the customer every single time. Sucks, but it's what we're forced to do.

207 stops yesterday yet I still managed to bring packages in to the homes of two wheelchair bound customers and hide packages at an additional stop.

a911scanner

I could handle 3 "extra service" stops as well, and did 5 of them myself. But I'm not going to do 40 of them when I have 275 stops. Unless they back me down to 207, then I think it's more do-able.

ManInBrown

I couldn't care less. I'm paid to deliver a package. Don't care if the kids see it. If the parents were so worried about it, drive to the store and buy it

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
I have been working until 2200-2230 all week trying to be sure i get everything delivered and I have much bigger concerns than if Junior sees his Christmas prezzies

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
There was a lady many moons ago that ripped on me for 20 minutes because I ruined her little boy's Christmas because he saw his gift.
Needless to say, I go to extra lengths to insure that I don't do that again. I indirect, I wrap in black plastic, I DR to places that are out of view of prying eyes. You name it, I have done it. Saves me a butt chewing and save Christmas for little ones.
That was her own fault for being a :censored2:. You stood there and took it? "Sorry, toots." as I walk back to the truck is all she'd've gotten from me.

Billy Ray

God, help us all.....
At one stop yesterday a little girl asked me if I had seen Santa......, caught me off guard.

I told her I haven't seen him this year, because it's still early. But I know I saw him last year just before Christmas. The little girl smiled, and her grandmother said a very soft "thank you".