Sports Illustrated goes Woke

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
Sports Illustrated is now woke.
Sports Illustrated runs an article on October 28th last week entitled, Why Does Major League Baseball Still Allow Synchronized Teams Sanction Racism in Atlanta?
The synchronized team sanctioned racism is the Tomahawk chop. Trump showed up. He was chopping. So this is racist now. The Tomahawk Chop is racist.

rod

Retired 22 years
I don't think the "chop" is what is considered racist. It's that god awful war-hoop crap song they have to sing with it. The Native Americans don't like that

vantexan

I don't think the "chop" is what is considered racist. It's that god awful war-hoop crap song they have to sing with it. The Native Americans don't like that
Exact song they've been doing at Florida State for generations. Overwhelming majority of Seminoles in numerous surveys approve of it.

rod

Retired 22 years
Exact song they've been doing at Florida State for generations. Overwhelming majority of Seminoles in numerous surveys approve of it.
I do believe most indians think its racist. Just like chanting "chinky chinky ching chong" to an Asian

vantexan

I do believe most indians think its racist. Just like chanting "chinky chinky ching chong" to an Asian
Sorry, but it isn't Native Americans screaming racism outside of a few activists. It's primarily white liberals who think they know what's best for everyone. That's been proven over and over in numerous surveys over decades. Most Native Americans are proud that they're portrayed as warriors and fighters. But it's gotten so silly that even using a name like warriors is denigrated by activists. But that could be applied to any racial group, not just Native Americans so things are being taken to extremes by woke activists who basically hate just about anything popular in American culture.

rod

Retired 22 years
Sorry, but it isn't Native Americans screaming racism outside of a few activists. It's primarily white liberals who think they know what's best for everyone. That's been proven over and over in numerous surveys over decades. Most Native Americans are proud that they're portrayed as warriors and fighters. But it's gotten so silly that even using a name like warriors is denigrated by activists. But that could be applied to any racial group, not just Native Americans so things are being taken to extremes by woke activists who basically hate just about anything popular in American culture.
I would agree with you but then we would both be wrong.

El Correcto

god is dead
Look at this crowd having fun and being all unified, can’t have that!
Let’s go Brandon, :censored2: this up to while you’re at it.
the donut lady never cares and this is part of my morning routine as a white cis man of America.

rod

Retired 22 years
https://readnews.us › us-news › native-american-group-disputes-mlb-commissoner-s-claims-on-tomahawk-chop-by-atlanta-braves-fans
The nation's largest Native American organization said today that MLB Commissioner Rob Manfred's claims of widespread support for the Atlanta Braves' nickname and its tomahawk chop fan ritual are not accurate. Manfred sad Tuesday that Native Americans in the Atlanta region are "fully supportive of the Braves' program, including the chop.

Sounds to me like you don't know the facts

vantexan

https://readnews.us › us-news › native-american-group-disputes-mlb-commissoner-s-claims-on-tomahawk-chop-by-atlanta-braves-fans
The nation's largest Native American organization said today that MLB Commissioner Rob Manfred's claims of widespread support for the Atlanta Braves' nickname and its tomahawk chop fan ritual are not accurate. Manfred sad Tuesday that Native Americans in the Atlanta region are "fully supportive of the Braves' program, including the chop.

Notice that he said that Native Americans in the Atlanta area are supportive. That's what matters. And sorry, but I've seen many surveys over the years that showed most Native Americans are very supportive of team mascots that portray them. I didn't say all but I think if you look at that organization a little closer and its political alignment you'll discover it doesn't speak for all Native Americans.

vantexan

Check them out on Indianz.com

oldngray

nowhere special
8cc20e.jpg

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Sports Illustrated is now woke.
Sports Illustrated runs an article on October 28th last week entitled, Why Does Major League Baseball Still Allow Synchronized Teams Sanction Racism in Atlanta?
The synchronized team sanctioned racism is the Tomahawk chop. Trump showed up. He was chopping. So this is racist now. The Tomahawk Chop is racist.
How is MLB supposed to prevent this 'tradition'?

These are free Americans acting in a non-violent demonstration of support for their home team.

If you are offended, don't watch. Don't participate. Don't attend! THAT'll show 'em!

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
How is MLB supposed to prevent this 'tradition'?

These are free Americans acting in a non-violent demonstration of support for their home team.

If you are offended, don't watch. Don't participate. Don't attend! THAT'll show 'em!
They can't prevent it.
But the woke camp has to stink up anything that is traditional America.

The big package

What a bunch of retards
Concerned about the natives ? Are they offended or not ??? Yet you have no problem insulting the special needs people ( what a bunch of retards ? ) . You've gotta love the WOKE . Covet the few a insult the 100s of thousands of handicapped . Hippocrates !!!