Spring

texan

It is a great time of the year.
Colorful_spring_garden.jpg

DS

Fenderbender
Even after the winter that wasn't,I still welcome spring.
I love the smell,and the birds.Seeing a lot more of these this year.
RWBlackBird.jpg

They sound like this

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Even after the winter that wasn't,I still welcome spring.
I love the smell,and the birds.Seeing a lot more of these this year.
RWBlackBird.jpg

They sound like this
At one of the houses that I used to live in (on the river) we had Red Winged Blackbirds. They are one of my faavorites. I don't live near enough to water to get to see them anymore.

gingerkat

I can't multi-quote because I'm "special" and not in that good kind of way. In regards to squirrels...yes, they can be a problem, but I love em'. They're one of God's little creatures and I feed them too. They do eat my bird seed and that is very expensive, so I offer them peanuts. As a matter of fact I hand feed them when they come to the door looking for more. They're gentle creatures and my cats love to watch them.

You can try to squirrel proof your feeders by putting a rounded bowl on top of your feeders. They'll jump on top, but slide right off. You can also crisco or butter the pole and they'll slide down. I've also got a slinky and I've heard if you attach it to the base of the bird feeder they can't climb it, but I haven't put it up yet. Oh one last thing, they make something called a "baffle" and it's supposed to stop them from climbing as well, but it's expensive. Me and my squirrels have an agreement, leave my beautiful flowers alone, and you can eat the birdseed and peanuts.

Anyhoo, happy spring to all.