Stabilicer Cleats?

35years

Gravy route
if i can't walk or drive safely to the delivery location, it's being sheeted EC or missed

what are they gonna do, send me back to my office? lmao
There are icy days when no driving is safe. You can't write them all up as E/C.

My first 20 years we were not allowed to write up anything as E/C or missed unless they were calling the entire center back to the bldg. because of weather. And that happened only twice in my 35+ years.

There are cheaper options than the OP's cleats. One is the Due North Light Industrial Traction Aid & Ice Cleat. Even cheaper ones will work well with shoes rather than boots, just have to be easy on/off.

Last edited:

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
Mass, doesn't your station supply ice cleats for you guys???? That would have been an avoidable if they did that, but u forgot to grab some.

Last peak I lost one... still using the other one and asked anyone that has a surplus to FedEx mechanic some. Still want them if u have a surplus

We had a bad icing one day last week. Perfect storm to turn everything to ice after the PM rush hour with no salt trucks anywhere. I EC 20 stops left and went straight home that night before the roads got worse.

ANY ice cleats is better than none

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Works for FedEx ..lol
tumblr_ne135elZmC1tf767po1_500.gif

MassWineGuy

Mass, doesn't your station supply ice cleats for you guys????

No, none. I suggested it to my manager and he said “you know what that’s going to cost with all our drivers?”

I think I’m going to our district safety guy and strongly suggest.

Last edited:

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
Dang, so which terminal gets them ; Florida ? I bumped my other thread because I just lost the other ice cleat today... It's gonna suck

Oh hope you're doing well on that wrist. When my left wrist broke in high school, the cast immobilized it enough that I wasn't in pain

MassWineGuy

Oh hope you're doing well on that wrist. When my left wrist broke in high school, the cast immobilized it enough that I wasn't in pain

It doesn’t hurt much unless I knock it or rotate it a lot. I think my wc payments will be more than my average take home. I will need to declare it next tax year but it won’t be that much.

rod

Retired 22 years
We had guys do this to their boots (Make sure your soles are thick enough and stay off hardwood and linollium floors).

wayfair

swollen member
Translated into English this means what exactly?

Are you currently employed by UPS?

Worker's Compensation will limit your pay here. Making it NOT a livable wage.

WC used to be ok because UPS would pay 70% of you normal pay. Our Governor changed the law here in OK and capped the amount to be paid.

MassWineGuy

I’m at FedEx Express. Yes, the wc payments would not be close to what you earn. But for me, it may be a bit more than I take home each week.