Short Stories from a Long Drive

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus

If any of you guys are interested, this guy is a long time FedEx courier and he writes some of the best short stories about interesting days as a courier. I’ve had the pleasure of reading them on the FedEx Employees Facebook page for the past few years. They're almost always told with humor. Some will make you feel good about humanity.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
903262EB-9C12-4132-A310-5D9892903079.jpeg
796FED82-35B4-47BB-9658-5DE8956BFA18.jpeg
5FB67E8A-23C0-4BC5-8B30-88C81708CCEB.jpeg

One of his stories with pictures to boot. Lol.

rod

Retired 22 years
My old center called a guy once for directions to his place and he barked at them “you know damn well where I live- you put mail in my box every day” and hung up. One of those idiots who confuse UPS with the post office. It was quite common years ago. His package was returned to sender.

quad decade guy

Where to begin...

Had a delivery to a "trailer" down a long dirt road(tree lined, low hanging)....had to walk it as I drove a P1000 in the country....

Encountered a naked young man in the woods....ok. Kept walking. Thousand miles of bad road old woman answered the door while "coloring" her hair....I mentioned the young man...."Yeah, he's my Grandson..." "Don't worry about him..." Yes, the Trailer area looked like something out of Deliverance.....

Had a "daily" delivery(HSN) I mean EVERY DAY...to a lower economic area house....porch was filled with old bags of trash, newspapers....all kinds of crap....filled to the rafters. With a small path to the door. Yard 3 ft high.....like nothing ever happened there.

Ultra skinny, hag of a woman always answered the door. This was signature days....paper. Just weird.

I also have many, many great stories of heart warming anecdotes. Many, many great customers.

Had this Rottweiler bark viciously at me every day(small normal size house chainlink fence). I got closer to him every day and just talked to him. One day, he was up against the fence and I chanced scratching him on the chest(through the fence)....he leaned into it! We were best buds ever after. All the while looking around for a mgt spy to fire me for stealing time....