Stacey Abrams -- GA Gubernatorial Candidate

Bob11B

Name the people who didn't get to vote !!!! Dead ones? Illegal aliens?
That was my thing, I think she is well-spoken but who didn’t get to vote? It was as if it was 30-40 years ago. Long lines ? Nonsense, they still got to vote. I think she was referring to when Democrats say it is wrong to need an ID to vote because not everyone has access to an ID, which is bull:censored2:. Or referring to when they said hey don’t all have transportation. I highly disagree that we have a voter registration process issue.

I was in Iraq for their first elections, now that is a voting issue.

BrownArmy

That was my thing, I think she is well-spoken but who didn’t get to vote? It was as if it was 30-40 years ago. Long lines ? Nonsense, they still got to vote. I think she was referring to when Democrats say it is wrong to need an ID to vote because not everyone has access to an ID, which is bull:censored2:. Or referring to when they said hey don’t all have transportation. I highly disagree that we have a voter registration process issue.

I was in Iraq for their first elections, now that is a voting issue.

Welcome back, cute kid in your avatar!

There are serious voter irregularities in the US that aren’t great...my guess is you and I disagree about where those irregularities occur.

I think we would agree, every eligible US citizen should be able to vote.

I could go on and on (welcome to the BC).

Bob11B

Welcome back, cute kid in your avatar!

There are serious voter irregularities in the US that aren’t great...my guess is you and I disagree about where those irregularities occur.

I think we would agree, every eligible US citizen should be able to vote.

I could go on and on (welcome to the BC).

I agree with you I guess the problem lies with “should be able to vote”. Should a person be provided transportation? Should a person be able to vote without an ID if they don’t have one? That’s when things get sketchy/debateable.

rod

Retired 22 years
I agree with you I guess the problem lies with “should be able to vote”. Should a person be provided transportation? Should a person be able to vote without an ID if they don’t have one? That’s when things get sketchy/debateable.

You need an ID to get a library card, to cash a check, to get into Costco, to collect any state lottery payout over a hundred bucks. I would imagine you have to show some kind of ID to obtain welfare / food stamps and for many many other tihings too. If you don't want to show an ID to vote you are for sure involved in illegal voting someway. Every state has personal ID's that are easily obtainable if you don't have a drivers license.

Bob11B

You need an ID to get a library card, to cash a check, to get into Costco, to collect any state lottery payout over a hundred bucks. I would imagine you have to show some kind of ID to obtain welfare / food stamps and for many many other tihings too. If you don't want to show an ID to vote you are for sure involved in illegal voting someway. Every state has personal ID's that are easily obtainable if you don't have a drivers license.
I agree 1000% but the Democratic Party made an argument a couple of years ago that this wasn’t fair. Also, not all polling places require an ID to vote.

rod

Retired 22 years
I realize that not all places require an ID---BUT THEY SHOULD. As for the Dems saying "it isn't fair" I rest my case---Dems like to vote (dead or alive).

BrownArmy

Well, that’s where :censored2: gets real, in 1966.

Why don’t certain (black) citizens have an ID?

Well, turns out rascist nonsense blocked otherwise eligible darkys from getting very simple privileges that were easily afforded to less/same privileged white counterparts.

What’s your question?

I just met you, and I like you, but I’m gonna fight you.

Also, educate all of us about Iraq, there’s lots of talk on this forum, not much reality.

You were in Iraq?

BrownArmy

I agree 1000% but the Democratic Party made an argument a couple of years ago that this wasn’t fair. Also, not all polling places require an ID to vote.

I don’t need an ID to vote...

Would it make you feel better if I did?

For what purpose?

Are you proposing a National ID?

If I show up at my polling place...

There’s no situation where I could even be on the actual list without having already supplied three different types of citizenship.

By all means, come to MA, and try and fake-vote, it’s not clear to me you would succeed.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Easiest way to commit voter fraud is with a mail in ballot. You won't see the grand old diaper wearing wheelchair Republican party touch that "right".

moreluck

golden ticket member
Dead peo
dead people…...no matter what your state, shouldn't vote!!!

rod

Retired 22 years
A few years ago during the second Obama election the Dems around here were rounding up "mentally challenged" people from the group homes and busing them to the polls. Apparently all you have to have is a mailing address to vote---didn't matter that they didn't have a clue what was going on. Once there the "volunteers" had to "assist" these people in voting. Thank god a big enough stink was raised about it they mostly stopped doing it.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
A few years ago during the second Obama election the Dems around here were rounding up "mentally challenged" people from the group homes and busing them to the polls. Apparently all you have to have is a mailing address to vote---didn't matter that they didn't have a clue what was going on. Once there the "volunteers" had to "assist" these people in voting. Thank god a big enough stink was raised about it they mostly stopped doing it.
Apparently they got away with it again in 2016. This time they voted Republican.

MAKAVELI

Fake news.

rod

Retired 22 years
Fake news.

I Wish is was. It was a pretty crappy move on the Dems part----even though it apparently is legal. A person can have assistance in a voting booth and all you need is a mailing address to vote here. Hauling bus loads of them in is stretching it though.

MAKAVELI

I Wish is was. It was a pretty crappy move on the Dems part----even though it apparently is legal. A person can have assistance in a voting booth and all you need is a mailing address to vote here. Hauling bus loads of them in is stretching it though.
No really it's fake news.

oldngray

nowhere special
They even gave "assistance" in filling out the ballots.