Stacey Abrams -- GA Gubernatorial Candidate

El Correcto

god is dead
I know a lot of people that don't use alcohol responsibly. I have not been to any funerals of heroin users. :raspberry:
I know a kid who found his older brother after school in his parents house dead, that kid became an emotional wreck. His brother was friends with mine, but mine never overdosed.
I used to hang out with his older brother a little bit, was a soft spoken Mexican dude in his mid twenties. Went to prison for a drug addiction came out even worse, overdosed before hitting thirty.

I’ve seen many people self destruct on herion and I’ve seen our justice system start to become softer on them in the last decade which I think is a good thing. My brother avoided being branded a felon and was sent to rehab twice, currently in his second year of sobriety, it probably saved his life being able to rehabilitate into society easier without stigma attached to him, unlike the other kid’s brother who was branded a felon and thrown out of a prison without help.
That's because Narcam is being used!
I’ve seen Narcam pull my neighbor out of an overdose. One minute the guy’s lips are blue and he is unresponsive, paramedics administered the drug and he was quickly recovering. Narcam alone won’t save a herion addict though. Most of them are severely damaged people without much to live for, they need serious help that won’t be found in any drug.

moreluck

golden ticket member
I know a kid who found his older brother after school in his parents house dead, that kid became an emotional wreck. His brother was friends with mine, but mine never overdosed.
I used to hang out with his older brother a little bit, was a soft spoken Mexican dude in his mid twenties. Went to prison for a drug addiction came out even worse, overdosed before hitting thirty.

I’ve seen many people self destruct on herion and I’ve seen our justice system start to become softer on them in the last decade which I think is a good thing. My brother avoided being branded a felon and was sent to rehab twice, currently in his second year of sobriety, it probably saved his life being able to rehabilitate into society easier without stigma attached to him, unlike the other kid’s brother who was branded a felon and thrown out of a prison without help.

I’ve seen Narcam pull my neighbor out of an overdose. One minute the guy’s lips are blue and he is unresponsive, paramedics administered the drug and he was quickly recovering. Narcam alone won’t save a herion addict though. Most of them are severely damaged people without much to live for, they need serious help that won’t be found in any drug.
I'm convinced AA is the only way...…….Hooray for St. Thomas Hospital in Akron Ohio!

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
Speaking as a Yankee who lived in the South for a decade, the North is just as racist as the South, but in different ways.

What’s sad is that we’re still racist in 2018.
It's in our genes so our subconscious is always there ready to ensure our survival.
People who are not 'racist' are that only in their conscious decision making.

El Correcto

god is dead
I'm convinced AA is the only way...…….Hooray for St. Thomas Hospital in Akron Ohio!
AA is a good program if they are willing to give themselves up to a higher power. Try preaching that to an atheist though or someone who has never appreciated their life.

I think some sort of trade school involved with rehabilitation would be a better route. My brother had a trade to fall back on when getting out of rehab. A path in life and purpose gives them a lot more hope than the prospect of a higher power.

You can’t send your bills to a higher power or pray yourself into a car to get to work.

moreluck

golden ticket member
AA is a good program if they are willing to give themselves up to a higher power. Try preaching that to an atheist though or someone who has never appreciated their life.

I think some sort of trade school involved with rehabilitation would be a better route. My brother had a trade to fall back on when getting out of rehab. A path in life and purpose gives them a lot more hope than the prospect of a higher power.

You can’t send your bills to a higher power or pray yourself into a car to get to work.
Higher power doesn't mean God to everybody.
In a couple days my daughter will be celebrating her 16th year of sobriety and her hubby is over 20 years. Not everything works for everybody. My friend-I-L was over 30 years with AA in Akron Ohio. What I think is weird is she's a manager in a toxicology lab where people go for their drug testing their employers require. Hard to fool an ex-junkie.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
AA, NA, CA, HA and even EA (Emotional Anonymous) are all 12 Step programs.
Alcohol is a drug just like cannabis, cocaine and Heroin.
I attend NA meetings myself after attending AA.
AA meetings in suburban Georgia are definitely God-based rather than the other 12-Step programs that are Higher Power based.
I started out using a doorknob as my higher power and then Digital Buddha ... but now it's Jesus after a period for me to accept Jesus's teachings as my Higher Power. I don't accept Christianity, Judaism or Islam as a valid Higher Power ... these religions are human centered and essentially used to control people's behavior when no one is watching.

Last edited:

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
AA, NA, CA, HA and even EA (Emotional Anonymous) I don't accept Christianity, Judaism or Islam as a valid Higher Power ... these religions are human centered and essential used to control people's behavior when no one is watching.
Yes..a doorknob outranks all of these.
Wait..Jesus did say he was the door...you're gettin' close.

My son started with AA and ended with NA like you. We learned much with his experience.
It is tough. The public is slow to get it but, creeping toward a better understanding .

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
Yes..a doorknob outranks all of these.
Wait..Jesus did say he was the door...you're gettin' close.

My son started with AA and ended with NA like you. We learned much with his experience.
It is tough. The public is slow to get it but, creeping toward a better understanding .
It's whatever one is comfortable with.
The drug-use is just a symptom, not the real issue.
The real issue is what is going on within your head.
One of my fav sayings from 12-Step programs is, "It's an inside job."
I'm around people that have been clean for 20 years but they still haven't fixed (or manage) their problem which is a 'way of thinking and reacting to the outside world'.

newfie

What's sad is in 2418 liberals will have white men standing on their heads, bending over backwards, whatever it takes to not appear racist but liberals will still say they are. Even after the uprising on Mars that massacred all the libs there because the conservatives couldn't take it any more.

this issue may be Trumps greatest accomplishment if he can survive 8 years doing it. he is challenging the tribal politicaly correct mindset.

you saw it in yesterdays new conference . despite the fact that the trump economy is dong more good for people of color then any other president has ever done economically , the media kept trying to attack him to make him sound like some kind of racist. I don't know if I have ever seen the media so attacking. they don't ask questions anymore they argue with the president in total disrespect.

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
It's whatever one is comfortable with.
The drug-use is just a symptom, not the real issue.
The real issue is what is going on within your head.
One of my fav sayings from 12-Step programs is, "It's an inside job."
I'm around people that have been clean for 20 years but they still haven't fixed (or manage) their problem which is a 'way of thinking and reacting to the outside world'.
On the money.

moreluck

golden ticket member
I watched Grey's Anatomy the other night and a sleezy bar had a homemade sign in the window...."free shots for Chips."
If you had an AA chip for 8 years of sobriety, you could get 8 free shots. Bastard barkeep!!!

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
I watched Grey's Anatomy the other night and a sleezy bar had a homemade sign in the window...."free shots for Chips."
If you had an AA chip for 8 years of sobriety, you could get 8 free shots. Bastard barkeep!!!
It's not real!
I want you to concentrate on that more.
Keep that in mind when watching TV ... especially CNN.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
Miss Piggy finally gives up the hope.

Republican Brian Kemp will be the next governor of Georgia, with Democrat Stacey Abrams admitting Friday afternoon that there was no path to victory, following a bitter 10-day battle since Election Day.

upload_2018-11-16_18-7-10.png