Staggered warehouse times

browner89

Oh right! As a guy in his 30 you have access to telematics and TFCS.

Feeders are not always in at the same time. It would be wonderful if they were, but there's too many variables to be on time every run, everyday.

Could not agree with this more, Feeders may have a schedule but they are sure as hell not always in on time or at the same time daily, lol.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Could not agree with this more, Feeders may have a schedule but they are sure as hell not always in on time or at the same time daily, lol.
My favorite line was from our Feeder driver when the center manager asked why he was late. "The hub cares about their numbers more than your numbers."

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Thought this thread was going to be about why some employees' start times are 15 minutes to an hour different than others.

This isn't about staggered start times at all. It's just different start times day to day. Welcome to UPS.

PT Crazy

They start us later on a Friday, send a bunch of people home, the sups work and everyone goes home at 3.5 or less.

AutoZone

BrownPower
Another perfect example tonight.. Start time 6:40.. Just now walked out at 11:15 passing all the sups freaking out... Lol. Start earlier... Leave earlier.. More packages out on time.. Less stress for everyone..

Bagels

Family Leave Fridays!!!
Management relies on forecasts to determine start times, and typically builds little slack time to maximize productivity. There's going to be a handful of days per year in which the forecasts proved wrong leading to a start time that was either too early or too late...

browner89

Another perfect example tonight.. Start time 6:40.. Just now walked out at 11:15 passing all the sups freaking out... Lol. Start earlier... Leave earlier.. More packages out on time.. Less stress for everyone..

6:40? Lol what the hell. Never once saw a start time later than 5:15.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Starting earlier isn't as efficient. Yeah it would be easier, but you're paying people more to move the same amount of packages.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Management relies on forecasts to determine start times, and typically builds little slack time to maximize productivity. There's going to be a handful of days per year in which the forecasts proved wrong leading to a start time that was either too early or too late...
The forecasts suck, at least in my district.

AutoZone

BrownPower
Then on top of that, I'm not there for the hours. I'm there for the senoity.. So after finishing the sort at 9:45, I'm sent up to small sort as a punishment since quote, "i have the least amount of senoity on the sort isle" 10:30 rolls around and I ask the FT small sort manager if I can go since I'm not trying to be there all night and she said absolutely not, that I don't get to dictate my hours... Which I get.. But my theory is if I don't need the money, why not let someone who needs the money work for me instead of sending them home and keeping me.. This was hard for her to grasp.. She's like how much senoity do you have? I looked at her and said don't play that :censored2: with me.. I know this game all to well.. Instead of it being a punishment to me, how about you make it a reward for someone with MORE senoity and allow them the hours on the last day of the week, instead of a punishment for someone with less senoity. I told her there's probably 30 people that were sent home that would of loved the extra hour and Half, whereas, id of loved to go home... What's wrong with UPS sups???? I swear they don't have a full brain between all of them...

AutoZone

BrownPower
This is every week... Thursday start time 5:35.. Friday 6:30 or later.. I don't understand there severe drop off.. Years ago I remember as we got closer to peak Friday got to about 6pm.. Not later like now...

AutoZone

BrownPower
Starting earlier isn't as efficient. Yeah it would be easier, but you're paying people more to move the same amount of packages.
This doesn't make sense to me... What's the difference in working 5:30-9:30... Or 6:30-10:30... Either way it's still 4 hours.. Same production.. Same people.. Same volume.. Just an hour later for packages to be late and sups losing their minds...