Started at UPS in October of 2007...

Hedley_Lamarr

As a casual, at 220 pounds. Made book in February, am now 170 pounds and still dropping. Did this happen to any of you guys?? I'm eating like crazy, tons of chocolate for some reason, and I've never been a big chocolate eater, but for some reason I just can't seem to get enough these days. Did any body else have a similar experience?? At what point did your weight level off?

As a casual, at 220 pounds. Made book in February, am now 170 pounds and still dropping. Did this happen to any of you guys?? I'm eating like crazy, tons of chocolate for some reason, and I've never been a big chocolate eater, but for some reason I just can't seem to get enough these days. Did any body else have a similar experience?? At what point did your weight level off?

No, I gained weight over 12 years from 160 to pushing 205...Never lost weight probably because going driving reduced my hours...increased my sleep...and decreased my stress.

ikoi62

i started back in 86, i was 260lbs and 6'3 after my 30 days i was 210lbs, after 2 months i was 200lbs, now after 22 years im 6'2 and 230lbs, im starting to shrink.:smart:

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
i lost 30lbs when i started ,but don't worry when you get to feeders ,it all comes back and then some!!! and you wonder why they call it feeders lol

PassYouBy

Unknown Acrobat
I'm 160 and 5' 10" when I started.(Stay the same weight all the time) In the summer time I loose approx. 5 lbs a week due to sweating and walking at a brisk pace. :) When Saturday and Sunday roll around I eat LOTS OF STARCHES AND PROTEINS! God knows I don't need to loose any weight!

Service Failure

When i started i was looking pretty big in the face and belly region. I was 5'11 and i weighed 195 but all the weight was bad. I dropped 30 lbs to 165 by my seniority date ( 3 months ) because of the 4 trucks i was loading. Now i'm loading 1-2 and splitting and i'm about 175 again but it's all good weight. More muscle than fat!

You will probably gain some of the weight back, although not all of it due to mastery over the job requiring you not to work as hard physically. That's what i really think gets that weight off for new hires is how fast they move but how little they get done haha.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

The stress will only kill you if you let it get to you. When I punch out I leave the job along with my DIAD--I pick the job back up the following morning when I punch in.

If you keep eating at the rate you are now, you will gain the weight back as soon as your body gets used to the extra workout that you are getting now. However, if you learn to curb part of that eating before you start the regaining, you can keep it where your want.
I didn't lose any weight when I went driving but it was because I had lost 30-35 lbs dieting before. Over the years I had gotten back up to 205. By just cutting out about 2/3 of my carb intake per day I recently lost 25 lbs and feel much better, back doesn't hurt so much anymore. Good Luck to you.

Cementups

Box Monkey
I've gained 50lbs since I started driving in '98. I'm 6.2" 250lbs. We are starting a B iggest Loser contest at work on May 5th and I already told the boss to sign me up.

LKLND3380

Easy to loose 20 lbs but then you should gain muscle weight and maybe drop 1 or 2 pant sizes...

In the summer weigh yourself before work an after. I would loose 5lbs every day... Before bed it was back...

raceanoncr

I'm eating like crazy, tons of chocolate for some reason, and I've never been a big chocolate eater, but for some reason I just can't seem to get enough these days. Did any body else have a similar experience?? At what point did your weight level off?

Are you sure you're not pregnant?