Started my 30

RuthlessSupSlayer

I see, I'm told to run ODO but told to make smart business decisions so basically how someone with route knowledge would run ROD...lol
that's what iam trying to figure out is when to deviate. Because i am learning to look at the Orion Board in the morning and map out my day. I think we were taking lunch too early because we have an hour of pick ups in the afternoon. There are a lot of businesses on the route.

RuthlessSupSlayer

I have been running 3 hours over all three days on my own. I am familar with the core area. But the outside of the route is all Resi and i get a different portion of it each day. By that time its dark, this makes it hard to learn these new areas. My sup and the bid route driver says its a hard route and hardly ever gets scratched. I feel like i am going to pull my hair out!

The route os business heavy and usually run 80/20 business until about 2:00-3:00 then do what resi i can then run an hour of pick ups. I feel like i have been set up to fail.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
Image-1.png

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I have been running 3 hours over all three days on my own. I am familar with the core area. But the outside of the route is all Resi and i get a different portion of it each day. By that time its dark, this makes it hard to learn these new areas. My sup and the bid route driver says its a hard route and hardly ever gets scratched. I feel like i am going to pull my hair out!

The route os business heavy and usually run 80/20 business until about 2:00-3:00 then do what resi i can then run an hour of pick ups. I feel like i have been set up to fail.
How do you have 20% of the route left at 2:30 pm and are still delivering when it's dark?

RuthlessSupSlayer

How do you have 20% of the route left at 2:30 pm and are still delivering when it's dark?
Okay so i checked the actual numbers and its not 80/20...~40 busineeses and 90 resi with about 65 miles. I am just not sure how i can run this more efficiently. Any thoughts? I run pickups from 4 to 5. I try to run some resi with the businesses

Brownslave688

Okay so i checked the actual numbers and its not 80/20...~40 busineeses and 90 resi with about 65 miles. I am just not sure how i can run this more efficiently. Any thoughts? I run pickups from 4 to 5. I try to run some resi with the businesses
40 businesses are taking you til 2pm to get done?

Depending on pieces that's probably 2.5 hours of work. I know you're new but gonna have to find a way to pick up the pace.

Brownslave688

Here would be my plan. Do everything I can to get businesses of by noon. Take lunch from 12-1. 15-20 minutes to eat then set up your resi stops in perfect order the rest of break. Now you have 3 hours to run resi stops before pick ups. I'd shoot to get 75-80 of those resi off in those 3 hours.

RuthlessSupSlayer

40 businesses are taking you til 2pm to get done?

Depending on pieces that's probably 2.5 hours of work. I know you're new but gonna have to find a way to pick up the pace.

I think part of my issue is that i am running airs so they arent late. So i run almost straight air outaide of of a large business stop. I am trying not to double back if i can help it.

Its only been 3 days on my own so far. The area is a few shopping centers and small houses converted to businesses and tight streets. Plus i tey to peel off resi while running businesses.

Here would be my plan. Do everything I can to get businesses of by noon. Take lunch from 12-1. 15-20 minutes to eat then set up your resi stops in perfect order the rest of break. Now you have 3 hours to run resi stops before pick ups. I'd shoot to get 75-80 of those resi off in those 3 hours.
try to run straight business until they are done and ignore the resi.

Last edited:

Brownslave688

I think part of my issue is that i am running airs so they arent late. Its only been 3 days on my own so far. The area is a few shopping centers and small houses converted to businesses and tight streets. Plus i tey to peel off resi while running businesses.

try to run straight business until they are done and ignore the resi.
As long as the resi all tie in together yes leave them for later

Pooter

U aren't going to scratch the first week :D

Driving straight air slows you down immensely. But no worries, everything should start to click towards the second week.