Starting pay/Seniority

kobechef

Talked to my hr guy and he got me in for 11. Thanks for advice guys.... So how would seasonal driver not be better? I would still load, but also get the extra hours right? And what, 24.50?

PT Car Washer

Talked to my hr guy and he got me in for 11. Thanks for advice guys.... So how would seasonal driver not be better? I would still load, but also get the extra hours right? And what, 24.50?
Starting driver rate. $18+/hr. You only work when needed. Maybe 4 days a week but the hours will make up for the lack of pay. After Labor Day you are done. I have known a few PT who went this route but usually only once. A lot of work and no guarantees of going FT.

PT Car Washer

It just seems like I would still work preload, we have a few put drivers that load, and then run air or sat routes
Different classification. The PTers you are referring to are working under Art 40. You said seasonal ground driver. The only contract rights a seasonal has are the negotiated pay rate.

jbg77

I drove from sept of last year to the 1st part of jan this year and i was payed 28.65 per hour. Ive been a preloader for 3 1/2 years.

asphaltcowboy

Anyone know about sat air pay? How long it takes to get top rate? I've been getting a day off to go make a measly 13.50 on sat I make more in hub

PT Car Washer

Anyone know about sat air pay? How long it takes to get top rate? I've been getting a day off to go make a measly 13.50 on sat I make more in hub
Two years to top rate. Shortest progression at UPS. Current top rate is $26.14/hr PT air rate with another raise come Aug 1st. As long as you are qualified there is no number of times you have to drive. Just being qualified is good enough. You also have to remember that you work as directed unless you want to disqualify yourself. Easiest money you will ever make at UPS once you hit top rate.