State of the Business

MAKAVELI

I wouldn't say I have the whole system figured out yet, but I can tell you that every manager I've ever worked for in this company appreciated people who were cross-trained in many different job functions outside of whatever they were assigned to. It sure beats having all my eggs in one basket by being, say.. a career courier, right?
Whoever said it was wrong then.

D-E-L-U-D-E-D.
Don't forget, young, ignorant, and arrogant. All of which she is in a rude awakening for.

TUT

/shrug
I have no reason to lie to you. Believe what you will.
Deluded because I believe that skills define value? Isn't that why you argue that you and your veteran couriers are so much better than the new hires?

Dude your right. He put his eggs in one basket, cries woe is me, too late for me and then has the audacity to state to you "you got it all figured out" as if he doesn't spend years here, writes mini-series threads how he has it all figured out.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Dude your right. He put his eggs in one basket, cries woe is me, too late for me and then has the audacity to state to you "you got it all figured out" as if he doesn't spend years here, writes mini-series threads how he has it all figured out.

Some one just called your "Computer Cleaner" hotline. It seems that her husband has been spending a lot if time on some questionable sites, and now the keyboard is gummed-up. You have some eggs to clean-up..so go away.

TUT

Some one just called your "Computer Cleaner" hotline. It seems that her husband has been spending a lot if time on some questionable sites, and now the keyboard is gummed-up. You have some eggs to clean-up..so go away.

Blah blah blah blah blah... Save yourself... It's too late for me!

Bankrupt

If we have one of these dog and pony shows sometime I won't be there. Unless its posted on the schedule it's not mandatory to attend. I won't be surprised if we never have one. Our SM is a tightwad we never had any SFA follow up either.

TUT

That keyboard is waiting. Amazing how much "wisdom" someone who has never done this job can dispense. You don't have a clue, buddy.

How couldn't I have a clue to what you believe in, you spell it out repeatedly. Your biggest problem is yourself, settling.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
If we have one of these dog and pony shows sometime I won't be there. Unless its posted on the schedule it's not mandatory to attend. I won't be surprised if we never have one. Our SM is a tightwad we never had any SFA follow up either.
Obviously his SFA scores sucked and he's hiding it.

Mr. 7

The monkey on the left.
Large mainly west coast company that ships a lot.

Thanks,
I appreciate that.
I'm on the W. coast myself.

Care to elude what type of product? Medical? Hardware? Software? Businesses only? Residential only?
How many outbound packages a day? 1k? 5K?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Thanks,
I appreciate that.
I'm on the W. coast myself.

Care to elude what type of product? Medical? Hardware? Software? Businesses only? Residential only?
How many outbound packages a day? 1k? 5K?

1, if Mom lets him use the computer in the basement.

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
Delivering packages isn't brain surgery.
oh that's clever, did you just come up with that one?... all by yourself?
Here's a few that I just made up

'I know you are but what am I?'
'takes one to know one'
'sticks and stones can break my bones but names can never hurt me'

feel free to use those whenever and wherever deemed appropriate.

I don't think anyone here has ever put delivering packages in the same league as neurosurgery...just asking for fair compensation and decent treatment for a job that isn't exactly the most stress-free occupation in the world. Why do some people seem to have such a problem with that?

I wonder what people say to neurosurgeons when they want to disparage them...."operating on brains isn't package delivery"

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Delivering packages isn't brain surgery.

No, it's "rocket surgery". TUT says so, so it must be true. You'd be surprised how much brain power it takes to be an effective courier. Not a mediocre 7-8 SPH DRA-era hire, but someone who can go out there and bang-out 15 SPH and actually also do a pickup route. First, because you are Ground, you don't have a clue, and second, because you drive a desk, you're flapping your gums and making no sense at all.