State of the Business

unclefred

We were given the state of business presentation and were told we should lucky to get a small raise because the handlers, management and others are not getting a raise. The truth is, Express is operating at 0% profit margin however ground, freight, etc.. are up this year. They want you to believe you are lucky to be treated like crap and their new health care scenario is a run around the government regulations. They want us to work harder, longer and cheaper. If you believe otherwise you are drinking the koolaid. We carried ground for years, they can carry us until the economy gets better.

MAKAVELI

We were given the state of business presentation and were told we should lucky to get a small raise because the handlers, management and others are not getting a raise. The truth is, Express is operating at 0% profit margin however ground, freight, etc.. are up this year. They want you to believe you are lucky to be treated like crap and their new health care scenario is a run around the government regulations. They want us to work harder, longer and cheaper. If you believe otherwise you are drinking the koolaid. We carried ground for years, they can carry us until the economy gets better.
The thing is Express made a profit last year but the creative accounting and write offs of the buyouts and new planes effectively wiped out the profit. They are making money they just want us to believe we aren't and feel sorry for poor old Fred. We will see how " creative " they get this first quarter earnings report.

CJinx

You're the "golden child" right now. We are the bastard red-headed stepchild. Just wait...Uncle Fred will give you your turn. If the Ground model is ever found to be illegal, you can kiss your ass goodbye.
Aww... Sour grapes :(
If, and that's a big if, the ground model ever became illegal, I'll be far enough along that I'll have a place in the company. I already wear a lot of hats here so I have a lot of options.
Somebody on here busted you out and said ground got 2%.
Not sure if you know this but ground employees get performance review based raises, not a blanket raise across the board for everybody. Whoever said they got 2% must have gotten a really bad review.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
If, and that's a big if, the ground model ever became illegal, I'll be far enough along that I'll have a place in the company. I already wear a lot of hats here so I have a lot of options.
Not sure if you know this but ground employees get performance review based raises, not a blanket raise across the board for everybody. Whoever said they got 2% must have gotten a really bad review.

LOFL...you sure sound like you've got it all "worked out". Know who you're dealing with.

MAKAVELI

You're the "golden child" right now. We are the bastard red-headed stepchild. Just wait...Uncle Fred will give you your turn. If the Ground model is ever found to be illegal, you can kiss your ass goodbye.
Somebody on here busted you out and said ground got 2%.
Nope they said it was across the board. Ours used to be " performance" based as well. I wouldn't be gloating if I were you anyway being a non essential employees they might just decide to eliminate your position.

CJinx

LOFL...you sure sound like you've got it all "worked out". Know who you're dealing with.
I wouldn't say I have the whole system figured out yet, but I can tell you that every manager I've ever worked for in this company appreciated people who were cross-trained in many different job functions outside of whatever they were assigned to. It sure beats having all my eggs in one basket by being, say.. a career courier, right?
Nope they said it was across the board. Ours used to be " performance" based as well. I wouldn't be gloating if I were you anyway being a non essential employees they might just decide to your position.
Whoever said it was wrong then.

MAKAVELI

I wouldn't say I have the whole system figured out yet, but I can tell you that every manager I've ever worked for in this company appreciated people who were cross-trained in many different job functions outside of whatever they were assigned to. It sure beats having all my eggs in one basket by being, say.. a career courier, right?
Nope they said it was across the board. Ours used to be " performance" based as well. I wouldn't be gloating if I were you anyway being a non essential employees they might just decide to your position.
Sure they were.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

D-E-L-U-D-E-D.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
/shrug
I have no reason to lie to you. Believe what you will.
Deluded because I believe that skills define value? Isn't that why you argue that you and your veteran couriers are so much better than the new hires?

Your value to Mr. Smith is the same as the rest of us...ZERO. Sorry that you don't realize it yet. You will.