State of the Union

bacha29

L O L frankly, I’m sad that we have to count on the government to do any of that to help unions. All throughout our history we’ve been let down by these type of promises from politicians, but you keep the Hope alive.

And your second paragraph is even funnier he’s going to fix all those things that are not the function of federal government? I was missing my chicken nuggets from my drive-through order yesterday. Can he fix that as well? How about you? Just focus on the things he supposed to be in charge of? He made a lot of promises that he could’ve done the first two years when he had control of everything but now he’s going to do it? Give me a break.

I’m all for congratulating politicians when they actually do something helpful so if the only thing that happened in Joe Biden’s term was he fixed our pension after years of politicians taking care of billionaires and corporations first I’ll give him credit for that but so far that’s about it.
It would appear that you didn't listen to Sarah Hucklebee's GOP response. All she did was to seek to install fear into the American people telling telling them about how bad things are going to get for the American people and the ONLY salvation is to protect the rich.

No, the president cannot simply "Fix" in your sense of the word. All that can be done is to identify inequities and change the law in response to them. If you paid for your chicken nuggets but didn't get them....then what did you do in response?

Do you not believe in consumer protections? The other day you wanted to completely deregulate the healthcare industry. Ok, but if it would happen everything would change. Away goes HIPAA, the Patient's Bill of Rights hospital assignment, doctor licensing requirements, caps on patent expired maintenance prescriptions and every other patient protections. The care and services people today take for granted thanks to rule of law would simply disappear.

bacha29

I'm open to suggestions. How you going to replace oil? Start with plastic.
If you are opposed to the research and development of alternatives to oil that will take some market share way from Big Oil then there will be nothing else you can do but to learn to deal with the higher prices for the products made from crude oil.

bbsam

Staff member
Do you consider yourself to be an independent?
Hard to say as I get older.

There was a time when I could have voted for a Colin Powell, Condi Rice, or McCain. I’m not sure where independents that lean left or right go anymore. Probably with their leanings.

Current group of republicans is hard to take seriously anymore. Ever since “repeal and replace” showed itself to be a complete “nothing burger”, I haven’t seen any kind of difficult stand made on any issue. Everything is a popularity contest over there and to me, that’s not any kind of leadership.

bbsam

Staff member
If you are opposed to the research and development of alternatives to oil that will take some market share way from Big Oil then there will be nothing else you can do but to learn to deal with the higher prices for the products made from crude oil.
Why would Big Oil suffer market share? Do you seriously believe they aren’t ass deep in renewable energy?

bacha29

It would appear that you think I’m a Republican and care what she says. Consumer protections? Have you ever heard of a state Attorney General? Rule of law LOL what are you talking about? Typical of a leftist do you want a nanny state for everything because they are in capable of handling using the most ordinary day-to-day activities themselves
Well hello!. An attorney general is not a king He/she CANNOT do more than what the rule of law permits them to do. An state attorney's general are by and large limited to what he/she can do by the laws of that particular state.

An attorney general is an advocate for the public at large based on the finished law in place at that particular time. And the "day to day activities" you speak of are governed and supported by just that...rule of law.

bacha29

Why would Big Oil suffer market share? Do you seriously believe they aren’t ass deep in renewable energy?
And in his SOU last night Biden called out Big OIl with a clear message. Put an appropriate share of those profits back into alternatives or pay taxes for a change.

The ongoing battle is for market share between Big Oil and the prospect for alternatives. Professor Jeremy Siegel head of the Wharton School of Business in an interview stated that today it only requires 25% of the energy need to produce one dollar's worth of GDP than it did during the embargo days of the 1970's.

Thebrownblob

Well hello!. An attorney general is not a king He/she CANNOT do more than what the rule of law permits them to do. An state attorney's general are by and large limited to what he/she can do by the laws of that particular state.

An attorney general is an advocate for the public at large based on the finished law in place at that particular time. And the "day to day activities" you speak of are governed and supported by just that...rule of law.
You might wanna really need to take a civics class. The president is not king either. SMH

newolddude

I didn’t watch the whole thing and hang on every one of her words: but was there anything in the Sarah Hickabee reply that wasn’t culture war/attack on wokeness?

over9five

Staff member
I think Pete is a lot like Trump in that his shot at being elected President has gone way down since 2016 as people have gotten to know him more. But I doubt he'll be the Democratic candidate for President next year so no big deal.
He still has a chance! He's gay, right? Democrats are all about "checking the boxes", they dont care about capability.
Think Kamala...

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Are most Democratic State of the Union addresses from now on going to be treated like midnight showings of “The Rocky Horror Picture Show” with Republicans yelling
nancy-pelosi-ripping.gif