State of the Union

oldngray

nowhere special
4014524.jpg

ImWaitingForTheDay

Annoy a conservative....Think for yourself
What a hypocrite. I believe you have said you are retired, right? Would that be from UPS, and are you ex-management or Teamster? Either way, you would be doing quite well. And you're probably drawing Social Security (a dreaded government entitlement program) and maybe even Medicare if you're old enough. Like most GOP types, you say one thing, but happily cash your government checks and your union retirement.

How does one save for retirement on $14 per hour with poor or no benefits? The GOP wants everyone to be an "entrepreneur" and start small businesses so we can all bootstrap our way to Horatio Alger-like wealth. Sure...what a crock.

Please tell me how much your monthly income is including your SS check. Round numbers are acceptable.
The Republican party has been screwing the working class since the day Abraham Lincoln was assassinated and Baba STILL hasn't gotten the message.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
# 5
A system that is hardly functioning and losing clients everyday . Wasting Billions on failed computer programs that will never work .

Sportello

You pick an arbitrary list and debunk it?

Okay then:

If the Iraq war was ending , Why are we sending more troops in ?
The ill planned war led to a new war. It's not the same war, and Obama has no war powers.

# 2
Solution was to print money to prop up failing companies . Creating an over inflated stock market which is now crashing .
That's not factual. Not by any metric.

# 3
Survival of the fittest .
Hardly .
Supported propping up failing companies that needed a cut .
Do you really believe that would have resulted in a better economy, or are you just being contrarian?

The guy was a nobody by then .
So he gets a pass from the great baba gounj? He never was a 'somebody', just a guy who knew some guys that shared the same ideas.

# 5
A system that is hardly functioning and losing clients everyday . Wasting Billions on failed computer programs that will never work .
Now you are just making stuff up.

Conversions with your crew go like this:

F0cu6Th.gif

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I had to retire early at a young age due to a medical problem that working would only make worse .
I worked more jobs within the UPS system than I can count , all as a p/t . Worked mornings doing airs , grab a couple of hours sleep and head back to the job for an evening or night shift . Some nights I didn't have enough time to get home for sleep , so I found an empty office to sleep in .
My highest pay for being an air exception driver was $11.66/hr . And I worked every Saturday that I could , even when I was on vacation . Did that for 20+ yrs .
Yet I was able to cover all my bills and set a little aside .
I'm too young for SS , which I paid into for 40+ yrs ( pre-UPS included ) . I need another 5+ yrs .
So don't sit on your high horse complaining about being poor , learn to shut your mouth , get off your arse and work .
Even in retirement with my crippled body , I still work , boat repair and lobstering .

Sounds like being a Republican has really worked for you. Why aren't you an entrepreneur/millionaire per the GOP mantra? "Blame yourself", as the compassionate Herman Cain would say. Your medical condition is no excuse for a true boot-strapping capitalist. The GOP could care less if you can afford health insurance to care for your condition. How about college? Did you improve yourself?

Lowly liberal me went to school at night/weekends and earned 2 degrees working 55-60 hours per week. I have worked 2 jobs for the last 10 years and may have recently gone PT to pursue the one that makes me a lot more money (real estate). So, I worked hard too, and continue to do so.

Sorry about your medical issues, but you sound like a perfect example of the underclass that the GOP depends on to support it's crap platform of "core beliefs".

Babagounj

Strength through joy
I have heard from the "we support Obama" crowd here that Iraq was Bush's war and the plans for ending it were in place before he took office .
So which was it ; already in place or he ended it ?

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Sounds like being a Republican has really worked for you. Why aren't you an entrepreneur/millionaire per the GOP mantra? "Blame yourself", as the compassionate Herman Cain would say. Your medical condition is no excuse for a true boot-strapping capitalist. The GOP could care less if you can afford health insurance to care for your condition. How about college? Did you improve yourself?

Lowly liberal me went to school at night/weekends and earned 2 degrees working 55-60 hours per week. I have worked 2 jobs for the last 10 years and may have recently gone PT to pursue the one that makes me a lot more money (real estate). So, I worked hard too, and continue to do so.

Sorry about your medical issues, but you sound like a perfect example of the underclass that the GOP depends on to support it's crap platform of "core beliefs".
Just another bad assumption on your part .
I have never stated my political party , and never will .

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Just another bad assumption on your part .
I have never stated my political party , and never will .

Well, we know you're not a Democrat. From reading many of your posts, I'd say you're "Independent", and would vote for Hitler if he were a candidate.

Last edited: