States begin process of neutering Obamacare

roadrunner2012

Four hours in the mod queue for a news link
Troll
Your point?
I choose my words carefully for a reason.
Its fun watching the dogs and cats chasing their tails when they are fighting or raining.
You link to an article that explicitly calls for Nullification, and when called on it, you back pedal. Disingenuous? I'd call it 'chicken manure'.

Say what you mean and mean what you say, otherwise your posts are more like moreluck's.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
You link to an article that explicitly calls for Nullification, and when called on it, you back pedal. Disingenuous? I'd call it 'chicken manure'.

Say what you mean and mean what you say, otherwise your posts are more like moreluck's.

I just enjoy messing with the self-important who think their posts actually mean something.
I get a chuckle at you all the time.

wkmac

The action of revolt against the crown does have a libertarian aspect (some of the Jeffersonian ideals) to it but the outcome of that revolt in the formation of the nationstate of the United States was anything but libertarian. On the latter point you would be correct but at the time of the revolt of the Stamp Act, a nationstate called the United States was not in play.

Just a bit of side note, if the people of the United States today, generally speaking, had the same level of taxation as the average common people of the day in the 1770's, we would think we were living in a libertarian utopia.

And if you want to stick to technical ideals, I got no problem there, I'll agree with your assertion that the experiment that became the United States is no libertarian ideal on the very same grounds that Somalia is no Anarchist experience. If proper grammar and etymological correctness is the goal and outcome........your call.

bbsam

Staff member
Libertarian ideals n the past (and today as well) seem like a spearhead, a rallying cry. A set of ideals outside the realm of human ability to emulate in life. Why would anyone believer the founding fathers would have truly believed that "all men are created equal"? Even leaving slavery out of the equation, did George Washington believe that a Virginian foot soldier was his equal? Did he believe that soldier had the right to come and go from that Continental Army as he chose?

wkmac

You assume Washington for example held those ideals. Also go back and read my post again. Having a libertarian aspect and being a libertarian cause are not the same thing albeit you are attempting to treat it as such.

bbsam

Staff member
You assume Washington for example held those ideals. Also go back and read my post again. Having a libertarian aspect and being a libertarian cause are not the same thing albeit you are attempting to treat it as such.
Let's say that Washington didn't hold those ideals. How do you suggest they would wage a war of independence with soldiers deserting left and right?

Catatonic

Nine Lives
...and for the independence of the landowners and ruling class. And if they don't? Washington executed two in order to answer that question.
Absolutely ... it's always the loss of freedom of individuals to protect the interests of the more powerful.

Unless you are one of the "powerful", this system sucks.

bbsam

Staff member
Absolutely ... it's always the loss of freedom of individuals to protect the interests of the more powerful.

Unless you are one of the "powerful", this system sucks.
and thus the promised fruits of libertarian ideals are plowed under and subverted.