Steward losing his Sat $$$

Benben

Working on a new degree, Masters in BS Detecting!
they’ll be 22.4’s by february

right to work state, none of them have joined the union

Ladies and gentlemen...........This right here is GOSPEL straight from the Book of Kings!

In 3 years time we will hear, "So" from the crooks Taylor and Jr. and the rest of us will be left scratching our heads wondering how we become so weak!

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
so there’s a center in my district where for the longest time, Sat air was voluntary and paid at time-actual

the steward there is kind of a crook (shady stuff he does outside of work to cheat the govt), and now he’s worked up the 20 or so ground drivers on saturday to demand their 8hrs, even though air only takes 3-4

district manager said friend that and had HR hire enough PSP’s to keep the steward from ever working saturday again

now all the ground guys are :censored2: at him because they’ve permanently lost their Sat OT $]

Another classic example of petty retaliation, and blatant disregard for the contract.

The Steward attempts to hold the company accountable and the company's only

response is to throw a temper tantrum.

That should have been a very foreseeable consequence of behavior.

What should have been foreseeable, is management cutting back on the number of

drivers needed.... and providing for the contractual hourly guarantee.

LOL @ that division manager cutting off his nose to spite his face.

That's what you get when you "hire from within".

People in management positions, they would never hold elsewhere.

-Bug-

Last edited:

brownIEman

LOL @ that division manager cutting off his nose to spite his face.

Saturday air should have been run by air drivers from the get go. He was correcting an oversight brought about by the fact that no one at his level has 2 seconds to spend worrying about Saturday air unless something forces their attention on it. Something like 20 ground drivers who've gotten used to the gravy OT of sat air deciding it would be cool to get paid 8 hours of OT for 4 hours of work every Saturday.

The idea he is somehow spiting his face by correcting a situation that frankly he should get his ass kicked for allowing to go on in the first place is just off.

brownIEman

Another classic example of petty retaliation, and blatant disregard for the contract.

The Steward attempts to hold the company accountable and the company's only

response is to throw a temper tantrum.

What should have been foreseeable, is management cutting back on the number of

drivers needed.... and providing for the contractual hourly guarantee.

That's what you get when you "hire from within".

People in management positions, they would never hold elsewhere.

-Bug-

You're way off base here. These are m-friend ground drivers. This is extra work for them. The operation should have hired enough air drivers to run this volume to begin with. They got lazy and were fine letting the ground drivers that were willing to come in on Saturday for some ot run it so they did not have to worry about training new air drivers.

The lessen here is if complacency on management's part has provided you with a ride on a gravy train, don't start rocking the gravy train asking for attention. That's just foolish.

brownIEman

I hit the nail on the head.

And they didn't.

Now.... when called to the carpet.... they exact some sort of "revenge" for

their lack of planning. Sound about right ?

No, sounds completely wrong.

This was not a revenge thing at all. I gaurantee you a district manager does not give 2 craps about a steward in a Saturday air operation inconsequential enough that the fact it's been run incorrectly for years has escaped his notice. He did not care enough to make sure it was run the way it should have been, he certainly did not care about exacting any sort of revenge on a group of drivers.

I love the fact that you think following the contract is some type of revenge. These drivers enjoyed the gravy OT for a long time. Then someone realized, even though this was a voluntary extra work gig, that technically they are entitled to 8 hours for punching in. They decided they'd push the issue figuring they would get paid 8 for working 4 since they knew there is only 4 hours work. This caught the district manager attention and he finally corrected the problem.

Here's a question for you. The operation was running for years with ground drivers getting extra OT and thereby denying inside part timers the opportunity to gain income and valuable experience by going air driving. Why didn't the steward file on that?

No, sounds completely wrong.

This was not a revenge thing at all. I gaurantee you a district manager does not give 2 craps about a steward in a Saturday air operation inconsequential enough that the fact it's been run incorrectly for years has escaped his notice. He did not care enough to make sure it was run the way it should have been, he certainly did not care about exacting any sort of revenge on a group of drivers.

I love the fact that you think following the contract is some type of revenge. These drivers enjoyed the gravy OT for a long time. Then someone realized, even though this was a voluntary extra work gig, that technically they are entitled to 8 hours for punching in. They decided they'd push the issue figuring they would get paid 8 for working 4 since they no there is only 4 hours work. This caught the district manager attention and he finally corrected the problem.

Here's a question for you. The operation was running for years with ground drivers getting extra OT and thereby denying inside part timers the opportunity to gain income and valuable experience by going air driving. Why didn't the steward file on that?
Because the part timers don't want to drive

brownIEman

Because the part timers don't want to drive

I call BS.

I've never seen an operation that could support 20 Saturday air routes that also did not have an associated m-friend preload and local sort with enough part timers interested in driving.
But even if you are correct and there are not enough part timers interested, that's not why he didn't file. He didn't file cause he was riding the gravy train.

I call BS.

I've never seen an operation that could support 20 Saturday air routes that also did not have an associated m-friend preload and local sort with enough part timers interested in driving.
But even if you are correct and there are not enough part timers interested, that's not why he didn't file. He didn't file cause he was riding the gravy train.
Most part timers don't want to go driving, they see the BS we go through.

On the other hand he :censored2:ed up a gravy train

Poop Head

Judge me.
Where I am, they do not hire air drivers anymore.
Maybe if guys that worked Saturday would demand their 8, that would change. Don't see that happening though, easy OT money the way it is.
Even though we really could use the air drivers during the week