Steward losing his Sat $$$

brownIEman

Most part timers don't want to go driving, they see the BS we go through.

On the other hand he :censored2:ed up a gravy train

I never had a problem getting air candidates, but everywhere is different and that was several years ago so...

I just can't understand how he could be dense enough not to see the result that would come from pushing the 8 gaurantee in a 4 hour operation.

reginald95

Years ago I would come in for an easy 3hr-4hr OT run of Saturday air. His was before any SAT ground. They didn’t have enough air drivers for Saturday so I had to come in. It was easy money but I got burned out eventually.

I never had a problem getting air candidates, but everywhere is different and that was several years ago so...

I just can't understand how he could be dense enough not to see the result that would come from pushing the 8 gaurantee in a 4 hour operation.
Lots if distrust here.
Just like they have air drivers doing ground work and threaten then with a layoff if they file.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
82F9068D-61F4-4DBF-9B21-7A3C0B0C42B1.gif

brownIEman

Lots if distrust here.
Just like they have air drivers doing ground work and threaten then with a layoff if they file.

Not cool. That's shady crap I'd never pull even if instructed to. Air driver runs ground (at my direction, none of this "I ran the air you gave me and someone handed me this ground ARS package so pay me top ground all day") she gets top ground pay for the day.

Poop Head

Judge me.
Not cool. That's shady crap I'd never pull even if instructed to. Air driver runs ground (at my direction, none of this "I ran the air you gave me and someone handed me this ground ARS package so pay me top ground all day") she gets top ground pay for the day.
Are you saying that air driving is women's work?

bumped

Saturday air should have been run by air drivers from the get go. He was correcting an oversight brought about by the fact that no one at his level has 2 seconds to spend worrying about Saturday air unless something forces their attention on it. Something like 20 ground drivers who've gotten used to the gravy OT of sat air deciding it would be cool to get paid 8 hours of OT for 4 hours of work every Saturday.

The idea he is somehow spiting his face by correcting a situation that frankly he should get his ass kicked for allowing to go on in the first place is just off.

I've been hearing the excuse for 25 years that we're short drivers. This is not an accident. Being short drivers is/was being done on purpose. Its not a valid excuse for me to care anymore.

brownIEman

I've been hearing the excuse for 25 years that we're short drivers. This is not an accident. Being short drivers is/was being done on purpose. Its not a valid excuse for me to care anymore.

Ok.

However, this thread is not about being short drivers. It's about an operation correcting the shortage of drivers.
My sidebars have mostly been addressing the concerns of people who think the correcting of the driver shortage was actually a nefarious retaliation against drivers who had been using the aforementioned shortage to bank plenty of overtime.

Brown287

Im not the Mail Man!
Before Saturday ground we routinely had FT drivers working for extra OT. We also had part timers working as utility drivers learning the ropes.

As far as I know seeing as out side of the few designated 22.3’s the rest were all volunteers and only intitled to hours worked. Could be a regional thing but in two and a half decades this was never an issue.

Unfortunately in life sometimes rocking the boat doesn’t work in your favor. Don’t know this steward personally but knowing the ones I have in my career I’m pretty sure that there’s plenty of (non-contractual) circumstances that he was more than ok with.