Still voting YES

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

You almost had me swayed with a post you made with all the positives of this TA. So I went over the TA very carefully and still find it lacking in light of the tremendous profits the company has been making since 2008.

I posted a month ago that we ( wife and I ) spoke to a labor attorney about this contract and his first response was "are you kidding me?" his final conclusion was that he could not believe that this contract was "concessionary" and "unbelievable" in light of the companies' record profits in a "tough economy"

He also said that "hall could do better'" he mused that Hall must of made some kind of under the table deal that you guys don't know about.

I have to respect the opinion of an attorney who makes over a million dollars a year in labor law. Although I agree with a lot you say Stink, I say bring it back to the bargaining table and shore up the weak spots for the pt timers and retirees. ( the people with hardly no voice in the matter)

...and this million dollar labor lawyer based all of this on a precursory reading of the TA summary? Don't you think he/she should have read at least our past two contracts to see if indeed this contract is "concessionary" or if there is a trend toward successive contracts favoring the company? I find it hard to believe that he would have formed his opinion based solely on this document----did you happen to prompt him?

badpal

...and this million dollar labor lawyer based all of this on a precursory reading of the TA summary? Don't you think he/she should have read at least our past two contracts to see if indeed this contract is "concessionary" or if there is a trend toward successive contracts favoring the company? I find it hard to believe that he would have formed his opinion based solely on this document----did you happen to prompt him?
That's the wonderful thing about lawyers . They always agree with who is paying them.

jalnar

What you have today is because brothers and sisters from years past ONLY VOTED FOD GOOD CONTRACTS so today you enjoy the results. In the future when they say how the friend k did they get that in the contract look your self in the mirror

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

What you have today is because brothers and sisters from years past ONLY VOTED FOD GOOD CONTRACTS so today you enjoy the results. In the future when they say how the friend k did they get that in the contract look your self in the mirror

I will see a man with no debt, $200K+ in his 401k, $50K+ in his Roth IRA and a $5K/month pension enjoying his retirement.

What will you see?

stink219

We are all in the same "stink" together but I have my opinions !!!!!

Positive and/or Negative, don't care, give your opinion and back it up !!!!

I'll buy any poster here a drink because you give a $hi+ and you're a UPSER !!!

Hope you like Crown 'cuz that's on the menu !! :wink-very:
Thanks for the shout out!!
I like "black tooth grin"
2.5 oz of crown
.5 oz of coke
Taken in a shot.

stink219

Sounds like this million dollar a year labor attorney (not many of them around) is jealous the largest labor contract in the world is negotiated by a guy without a law degree.
Hey look, 50 cent I mean stink has a shadow a little buddy to back him, another peice of :censored2: follower. a real cheerleader! How many times you been shot at now stink?
Some of us weren't born with silver spoons in our mouths. If you need to say something, you should be a man and say it to my face.

stink219

We are all in the same stink together but I have my opinions !!!!!

Positive and/or Negative, don't care, give your opinion and back it up !!!!

I'll buy any poster here a drink because you give a $hi+ and you're a UPSER !!!

Hope you like Crown 'cuz that's on the menu !! :wink-very:

Someday we should pick a central location and all of us New Englander's should get together for some drinks.
Where are you and Heff located?

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
Where are you and Heff located?

I'm in CT
I'm gonna give that shot a try later on

I love how when you give an opinion , some poster comes out of nowhere and says you're wrong, you suck

Beat up someone who gives a bad answer, not one who has opinion and sticks with it

I've been swayed a bit in the forum by people who argue their point rationally , not by calling me a Full-time driving jerk who cares about himself

stink219

CT? Dude we a neighbors!! I'm always in Guilford at my buddy's place.
I didn't create that shot btw. It was in memory of Dimebag Darrel from Pantera.

The posters you speak of are usually trolls just trying to promote negativity. The are the mindless and the self absorbed. I've said it many times before, if they said Naaa Nana Boo Boo Stick Your Head In Doo Doo, I'd have more respect for some of these scumbags.

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
Some of us weren't born with silver spoons in our mouths. If you need to say something, you should be a man and say it to my face.
Good for you. You got yours and now SCREW the rest of us. You should be proud of yourself.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
You almost had me swayed with a post you made with all the positives of this TA. So I went over the TA very carefully and still find it lacking in light of the tremendous profits the company has been making since 2008.

I posted a month ago that we ( wife and I ) spoke to a labor attorney about this contract and his first response was "are you kidding me?" his final conclusion was that he could not believe that this contract was "concessionary" and "unbelievable" in light of the companies' record profits in a "tough economy"

He also said that "hall could do better'" he mused that Hall must of made some kind of under the table deal that you guys don't know about.

I have to respect the opinion of an attorney who makes over a million dollars a year in labor law. Although I agree with a lot you say Stink, I say bring it back to the bargaining table and shore up the weak spots for the pt timers and retirees. ( the people with hardly no voice in the matter)

The only deal made is that without 250k ups teamsters the union is toast. Get used to giving ALOT. All future contracts we will cave on. Simple really teamsters thinks ups will try to break the union if we strike. If they succeed the teamsters union would pretty much fold. So they will give in to them.