Stop the dust!

Dusty P800

Has anybody found a way to stop the dust from coming in the back door? Local mechanics say there's nothing the can do. I see FedEx boxes without the dust and we drive on the same gravel roads. Why has this been acceptable for so long for our company? Please if you have found a solution please share.
20201007_161133.jpg
20201016_131507.jpg
20201016_131501.jpg
20201016_124714.jpg

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Has anybody found a way to stop the dust from coming in the back door? Local mechanics say there's nothing the can do. I see FedEx boxes without the dust and we drive on the same gravel roads. Why has this been acceptable for so long for our company? Please if you have found a solution please share. View attachment 313744View attachment 313745View attachment 313747View attachment 313748

Yep. There’s times I just open the bulkhead and stand outside the truck for 30 seconds before selecting the package because you cannot breath back there.

Overpaid Union Thug

Has anybody found a way to stop the dust from coming in the back door? Local mechanics say there's nothing the can do. I see FedEx boxes without the dust and we drive on the same gravel roads. Why has this been acceptable for so long for our company? Please if you have found a solution please share. View attachment 313744View attachment 313745View attachment 313747View attachment 313748
Looks like mine. I’m assuming that’s a rural route. The only solution is to grab a broom and sweep it out every night when you get back. When your sups get tired of paying you OT to sweep they’ll start making local sort clean it. The same goes for the cab. Mine gets nearly as bad in there but it takes a few days since the doors are usually open. I wipe it down everyday to keep the accumulation from starting. If you wait it’s much harder to clean later.

Looks like mine. I’m assuming that’s a rural route. The only solution is to grab a broom and sweep it out every night when you get back. When your sups get tired of paying you OT to sweep they’ll start making local sort clean it. The same goes for the cab. Mine gets nearly as bad in there but it takes a few days since the doors are usually open. I wipe it down everyday to keep the accumulation from starting. If you wait it’s much harder to clean later.
What makes you think that the local sort manager is going to eat the time for Center work cleaning package cars?

Dusty P800

Yep. There’s times I just open the bulkhead and stand outside the truck for 30 seconds before selecting the package because you cannot breath back there.
I feel like this is something a UPS engineer could solve in 5 minutes. It's frustrating that UPS will pay employees to c-wash the truck, but it won't solve the problem. C-wash only last till I drive down the next gravel road.

Dusty P800

Overpaid Union Thug

What makes you think that the local sort manager is going to eat the time for Center work cleaning package cars?
Our local sort cleans them just about every night. When they slack off due to UPS trying to pinch pennies grievances are filed and drivers start washing their own trucks on OT. That USUALLY solves the problem. Local sort here actually gets time allotted for car wash. So, another trick is to keep track of the water usage (we’re a smaller “hub”) along with documenting the condition of the trucks. If they aren’t washed simply threatening a grievance, and therefore exposing that management is fudging numbers, gets them washed.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I feel like this is something a UPS engineer could solve in 5 minutes. It's frustrating that UPS will pay employees to c-wash the truck, but it won't solve the problem. C-wash only last till I drive down the next gravel road.
Cab dust could be fixed simply by having air conditioning.

Dusty P800

I have a broom and sweep it often. I've been with UPS 25 years and the trucks have always been this way. I just wonder why as things get more competitive with Amazon and FedEx, UPS is ok with leaving boxes covered in dirt at customers doors.

Shift Inhibit

He who laughs last didn't get it.
Shove dr bags in the drain holes 🕳 in RDR & RDL... have mechanics put sealant in the tiny cracks that run along creases

Our local sort cleans them just about every night. When they slack off due to UPS trying to pinch pennies grievances are filed and drivers start washing their own trucks on OT. That USUALLY solves the problem. Local sort here actually gets time allotted for car wash. So, another trick is to keep track of the water usage (we’re a smaller “hub”) along with documenting the condition of the trucks. If they aren’t washed simply threatening a grievance, and therefore exposing that management is fudging numbers, gets them washed.
Our local sort send their deadwood out to the car wash to do nothing and charges the time to the Center. FT car wash doesn't care because they still get their 8 hours everyday. I suck up some OT whenever I want, or go home early, so not my problem.

Netsua 3:16

AND THAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE
Get the hose out at the yard every Friday when you come in. Spray that beast clean.

Shift Inhibit

He who laughs last didn't get it.
I did a country rte for about a year while cut driving (reg guy was out on comp). dust was horrible. I’d bring the 2 car wash turds 💩 a few gas station donuts 🍩 every so often & they’d shop vac the shelves off for me .. made it a little better.

Overpaid Union Thug

Our local sort send their deadwood out to the car wash to do nothing and charges the time to the Center. FT car wash doesn't care because they still get their 8 hours everyday. I suck up some OT whenever I want, or go home early, so not my problem.
It’s pathetic that a company pays its employees so well and drivers still have to fight to get the trucks cleaned. Especially at a hub.