Stop the dust!

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Doesn’t really matter anymore. The only reason grievances work in this manner is because they will expose number fudging on the part of supervisors. Not because the contractual language has teeth.
Language is only as powerful as the members make it. Small grievances can easily turn into larger issues when we act collectively and force the issue. Exposing using safety hours to run misloads, for example has ramifications beyond seniority violations, leading to a whole can of worms being opened. Ask me how I know.

Overpaid Union Thug

Language is only as powerful as the members make it. Small grievances can easily turn into larger issues when we act collectively and force the issue. Exposing using safety hours to run misloads, for example has ramifications beyond seniority violations, leading to a whole can of worms being opened. Ask me how I know.
Language is useless if the company knows they only need to say “will comply” and swiftly violate again. If there’s a monetary penalty and/or possibility of exposing an integrity issue that includes an electronic “paper trail” then they’ll act. It’s a shame we can’t rely on some grievances alone in order to enforce the contract.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Language is useless if the company knows they only need to say “will comply” and swiftly violate again. If there’s a monetary penalty and/or possibility of exposing an integrity issue that includes an electronic “paper trail” then they’ll act. It’s a shame we can’t rely on some grievances alone in order to enforce the contract.

If there were monetary values, they'd lock at panel. Or drag their feet forever.

Shift Inhibit

He who laughs last didn't get it.
Has anybody found a way to stop the dust from coming in the back door? Local mechanics say there's nothing the can do. I see FedEx boxes without the dust and we drive on the same gravel roads. Why has this been acceptable for so long for our company? Please if you have found a solution please share. View attachment 313744View attachment 313745View attachment 313747View attachment 313748
Be careful of lung dust syndrome. It’s a real thing but ups claims it’s not . One guy up here filed a class action lawsuit.

Poop Head

Judge me.
Be careful of lung dust syndrome. It’s a real thing but ups claims it’s not . One guy up here filed a class action lawsuit.
Country routes:
Gravel lung
Broken back (from :censored2:ty posture on bumpy ass roads)
Scrawny legs
Burnt out eyeballs (from driving into the sun at dusk)

City routes:
Strong back
Strong legs
Strong hips
Multiple child support payments
💩✊

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Yep over and over again. Deal with an issue for months on end. File tons of grievances. Finally have a hearing and BA talks a big game. Will not happen anymore I promise you.

Couple weeks later they’re back to doing it. Saying work as directed and file if you have a problem with it. Wait months for another hearing. Rinse and repeat.

iowa boy

About the only things you can do on gravel are run with the doors shut, and make sure the rollup door is tight to the floor. Otherwise, you just deal with it.

Dr.Brownz

Yep. There’s times I just open the bulkhead and stand outside the truck for 30 seconds before selecting the package because you cannot breath back there.

More like 2 or 3 minutes. Gotta stay safe! How else am I gonna make it through the 36 or 37 stops they are going to load me up with on Monday?!

Overpaid Union Thug

I hate country routes.
I don’t hate them but do think they are overrated. They’ve always been the choice routes for older drivers in my center but, for most, only because they’ve destroyed their bodies when they were younger by being runners and gunners. Most of them admit that. Bonus was the worst thing that ever happened to this center.

A couple of my favorite routes are country routes but I prefer semi country. Something that starts away from town and loops out into the country and back. Paved roads and street signs with more stops are better than gravel/dirt “roads” without them and with less stops.