Stop the dust!

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Has anybody found a way to stop the dust from coming in the back door? Local mechanics say there's nothing the can do. I see FedEx boxes without the dust and we drive on the same gravel roads. Why has this been acceptable for so long for our company? Please if you have found a solution please share. View attachment 313744View attachment 313745View attachment 313747View attachment 313748
I work for FedEx and my old, raggedy truck used to look like that. I’d literally have a dust cloud in the cab. I begged and pleaded til I was given a brand new truck. Problem solved. Dust cut down maybe 90%. I used to see the older UPS guy on my route with a bandana over his mouth and nose driving on dirt roads.

Rack em

Made the Podium
Open the vents to the cargo area to pressurize it, drive with the doors and windows closed, open the vent by drivers side foot to pressurize the cab, have a fan installed and blowing at all times. This all greatly helps reduce the amount of dust that gets in the truck.

My route is 200+ miles of mostly dirt and gravel roads and the amount of dust that gets in my truck is very minimal now that I started doing the above things.

vvv

Has anybody found a way to stop the dust from coming in the back door? Local mechanics say there's nothing the can do. I see FedEx boxes without the dust and we drive on the same gravel roads. Why has this been acceptable for so long for our company? Please if you have found a solution please share. View attachment 313744View attachment 313745View attachment 313747View attachment 313748

Oh Christ dude, that's a flat out refusal to work right there. No chance in hell I would ever put up with that for more than a day.

You can pretty much eat off the floor in mine if you happened to drop your food.

That's so messed up it isn't even funny.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Open the vents to the cargo area to pressurize it, drive with the doors and windows closed, open the vent by drivers side foot to pressurize the cab, have a fan installed and blowing at all times. This all greatly helps reduce the amount of dust that gets in the truck.

My route is 200+ miles of mostly dirt and gravel roads and the amount of dust that gets in my truck is very minimal now that I started doing the above things.

How hot does it get in the summer
It’s hot as hell with both doors open

Sissy Brown Short Shorts

Looks like mine. I’m assuming that’s a rural route. The only solution is to grab a broom and sweep it out every night when you get back. When your sups get tired of paying you OT to sweep they’ll start making local sort clean it. The same goes for the cab. Mine gets nearly as bad in there but it takes a few days since the doors are usually open. I wipe it down everyday to keep the accumulation from starting. If you wait it’s much harder to clean later.
Sometimes I’ll throw my leaf blower in my pickup and drive the pc in the employee lot after I’m done delivering and clean it out quick before I park it for the night. Especially after one of their kitty litter cleanup jobs.

SorryLazyPOS

Big Kahuna Burger
Oh Christ dude, that's a flat out refusal to work right there. No chance in hell I would ever put up with that for more than a day.

You can pretty much eat off the floor in mine if you happened to drop your food.

That's so messed up it isn't even funny.
I wouldn’t eat off the floor. There may be some twinkle drops there.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
I always thought of the brown guys as men.
You got a lot of sissy's workin there now?
Dust, my ass...... you're workin.
b99a45254aa82d527eb3bb2897d3dcd3.gif

Redtag

Part on order, ok to drive
WRITE IT UP AS SAFETY , RED TAG IT!!
🧔✊

We won't take or keep a truck out of service for that.

With that said, sucks that they get that dusty on a dirt road but there is nothing we can do in automotive. Maybe wear a N95 or let the dust settle before opening the bulkhead.

If this was a multiple write up I would get with carwash and swap trucks and see if another style truck worked better on that route

Last edited:

Poop Head

Judge me.

With that said, sucks that they get that dusty on a dirt road but there is nothing we can do in automotive. Maybe wear a N95 or let the dust settle before opening the bulkhead.

If this was a multiple write up I would get with carwash and swap trucks and see if another style truck worked better on that route
I woulda drilled the guy a couple extra "drainage" holes.

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD

Is extreme diesel fumes that make a driver sick enough to take it out of service?
🧔✊