Storming the Capitol

bacha29

Think Trump has already bowed out of the Presidency in regard to everything but the final pardons. Pence seems to be doing a good job filling in.
He refuse to invoke the 25th. He's still a loyal Trumplican. The only difference if there is a difference is that Pence is going to run in 2024 and seeks to walk the line between Trumplican radicals and traditional mid stream Republicans because he'll need both if he has any chance to win.

Box Ox

He refuse to invoke the 25th. He's still a loyal Trumplican. The only difference if there is a difference is that Pence is going to run in 2024 and seeks to walk the line between Trumplican radicals and traditional mid stream Republicans because he'll need both if he has any chance to win.
I think Pence is smart in not invoking the 25th. He’s not enraging the Trumpees and he’s showing moderates that normalcy in decision making and demeanor can still be a thing for a Republican in the White House. Which moderates will remember in 2024 if the hard left makes further inroads into Democratic ideology and passed or proposed legislation between now and then.

trickpony1

Yeah. Wonder how it ever came to this in our country? Armed National Guard troops all over DC. The Democrats must be up to something if they think they’re necessary after last week and amid the ongoing domestic terrorist chatter, right? LOL

I’d bet Republican members of Congress don’t mind them being in DC this month either.
If the democrats didn't have an annoying habit of not being able to do things in an "open and honest" manner than, yes, they probably wouldn't need armed military.

zimbomb

Impeachment or conviction by the Senate? I didn’t know that.
Impeachment.
Dumb washington post paywall
"Reports indicate that President Trump is considering pardoning both himself and others related to the insurrection at the Capitol. At the same time, the House is rapidly moving forward with impeaching Trump for his role. The most coherent constitutional understanding suggests that if the House votes to impeach Trump — even before the Senate begins its trial — he is then barred from issuing a pardon either for himself or those related to the impeachment charges. Congress — not the Supreme Court — can move to decide on whether the president can pardon himself or others directly connected to the high crimes for which he is impeached."

Does anyone know if the Republican National Committee will be paying for all costs to the destruction of Capitol and the use of police and other resources? Maybe Trump should pay?

oldngray

nowhere special
I’d love to see how much crime rates would fall if we legalized prostitution across the board.
z-memes-23-2.jpg