Stranded on route for 4 Hours

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Socks and whiskey?....o.k....just kidding about, one of those!..but on a serious note.I alwyas have some extra clothes. Socks , gloves, underwear and a t shirt. Also have a flashlight, radio, and a backup....cell phone battery! and an extra snack and drink , In my lunch bucket.
So you're one of THOSE guys. Lol I never understand the guys with huge backpacks and such. The only thing not in my pockets that I might need for the day are my maps.

Cementups

Box Monkey
So you're one of THOSE guys. Lol I never understand the guys with huge backpacks and such. The only thing not in my pockets that I might need for the day are my maps.

I'm a backpack guy. Most days I forget what is in there but when I need something I certainly know where to find it. I also have a large supply tote in the back of my package car on the 4000 shelf. Why? Because you never know.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Everything you do in life is about your preparation whether it be physically, mentally, spiritually, or financially. Preparation brings sucess in life, non preparation brings failure. You can take that to the bank DADDY O lol

Brownsfan

I had 2 jackets, some water ,shorts, and honey. I recently lost about 80 pounds(paleo diet) and do not tolerate the cold like I used to. I guess my body hasn't adjusted. But yeah I wasn't prepared. This was my first day back from 3 weeks vacation. Lol welcome back.

Sent using BrownCafe App

bbsam

Staff member
If you punched out less than 10 hours before your next start time I hope you called off the next day.

Also, Article 43 in the contract allows you to burn packages for warmth in emergency situations.
That's what the contract says, but the legal team has determined that the driver's body temperature must reach 87 degrees before employing that option.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Socks and whiskey?....o.k....just kidding about, one of those!..but on a serious note.I alwyas have some extra clothes. Socks , gloves, underwear and a t shirt. Also have a flashlight, radio, and a backup....cell phone battery! and an extra snack and drink , In my lunch bucket.
Extra pair of socks? Ain't nobody got time for that! lol

stealth8

About 20-25 years ago I was in my old P500 heading down this "goat path of a road". This hermit lived almost a mile back into the woods, when I hit a pothole all of the lights in my pkg car went totally out! This is a scary and creepy driveway even in broad daylight, so needless to say I was feeling a little uneasy in the pitch black.

I had a small belt Mag-lite that I turned on just to try to see the lane but it was slow going. I was imagining all kinds of wild animals and other creatures surrounding me in the darkness!

After awhile I remembered that I had in my backpack a big Mag-lite. I turned off my pkg car and opened my bulkhead door to retrieve it and the glow from my small Mag-lite caught the form of a person standing inside the back of my pkg car!!! I know I let out a scream and nearly "soiled " myself, before realizing that the "person" was my UPS rain jacket and hat that I had hanging up on one of my shelves!! Thank God we have BROWN uniforms!

After calming down I was able to use the bigger light to make my way down the path. About 3/4 of the way back I hit another pothole and all the lights came back on. It was one of those UPS moments in my 33 years that I will remember the rest of my days! Cheers!

Sent using BrownCafe App

kingOFchester

It was not a few weeks ago that a driver did not get stuck in snow in the boonies. The center did not assume the tow truck got to him. The center team did not all go home. He did not clock out at 4am when preload was finally informed that he was not stuck. Nope, didn't happen. Move along, nothing to see here. Brown is great.

Z

ZQXC

The diad wasn't working at all. It wasn't transmitting location or messages. I tried to get lock box code but I never could get through on phone. I was so cold that I wasn't getting out of the truck anymore at all.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Code: Try the last 4 numbers of your truck.

I was just shy of 17. Your night sounded pretty bad. How does this company not have a protocol for these types of situation? Like maybe a piece of tech that actually works when you need it, or a safety blanket? Time to make a work survival bag for the mountain runs.

Sent using BrownCafe App
Ask your safety committee to put one together.

Brownsfan

About 20-25 years ago I was in my old P500 heading down this "goat path of a road". This hermit lived almost a mile back into the woods, when I hit a pothole all of the lights in my pkg car went totally out! This is a scary and creepy driveway even in broad daylight, so needless to say I was feeling a little uneasy in the pitch black.

I had a small belt Mag-lite that I turned on just to try to see the lane but it was slow going. I was imagining all kinds of wild animals and other creatures surrounding me in the darkness!

After awhile I remembered that I had in my backpack a big Mag-lite. I turned off my pkg car and opened my bulkhead door to retrieve it and the glow from my small Mag-lite caught the form of a person standing inside the back of my pkg car!!! I know I let out a scream and nearly "soiled " myself, before realizing that the "person" was my UPS rain jacket and hat that I had hanging up on one of my shelves!! Thank God we have BROWN uniforms!

After calming down I was able to use the bigger light to make my way down the path. About 3/4 of the way back I hit another pothole and all the lights came back on. It was one of those UPS moments in my 33 years that I will remember the rest of my days! Cheers!

That sounds like a crazy moment right there. It amazes me the things your mind can put together when a situation becomes less than optimal.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Brownsfan

It was not a few weeks ago that a driver did not get stuck in snow in the boonies. The center did not assume the tow truck got to him. The center team did not all go home. He did not clock out at 4am when preload was finally informed that he was not stuck. Nope, didn't happen. Move along, nothing to see here. Brown is great.

Wow. That's terrible. I bet they just acted like nothing happened and all was well. I can only imagine what your family was thinking when you didn't make it home. At times I can't believe this a a high ranking Fortune 500 company. Oh well glad you and I came out unscathed.

Sent using BrownCafe App

kingOFchester

Wow. That's terrible. I bet they just acted like nothing happened and all was well. I can only imagine what your family was thinking when you didn't make it home. At times I can't believe this a a high ranking Fortune 500 company. Oh well glad you and I came out unscathed.

Sent using BrownCafe App

This was not me. It did not happen to another driver in my center. Hush hush and sweep under rug.

rod

Retired 22 years
It amazes me that they can tell the exact second a package was placed on a door step and if it was the correct door step but the don't give a crap if their drivers freeze to death stuck on some back road at mid night..