Stupid on call pick ups

hypo hanna

Seems like a huge issue then that needs attention from corporate. .....
Sent using BrownCafe App
Corporate is well aware of the problem, they just don't want to invest the money to fix it. There is an internal form for dispatchers to report call center errors but they are so overloaded with other duties, they don't have the time to fill it out. Even if they do, there isn't much chance it will fix the real problem of miscommunication. English is not their first language and I suppose the pressure is on them like the domestic call centers to handle calls in a certain amount of time. It's human nature, if the clock is ticking, you might just guess at what the customer said rather then take the time to ask for clarification. They also figure out real quick that customers get frustrated having to repeat themselves over and over trying to get through the language barrier.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Corporate is well aware of the problem, they just don't want to invest the money to fix it. There is an internal form for dispatchers to report call center errors but they are so overloaded with other duties, they don't have the time to fill it out. Even if they do, there isn't much chance it will fix the real problem of miscommunication. English is not their first language and I suppose the pressure is on them like the domestic call centers to handle calls in a certain amount of time. It's human nature, if the clock is ticking, you might just guess at what the customer said rather then take the time to ask for clarification. They also figure out real quick that customers get frustrated having to repeat themselves over and over trying to get through the language barrier.
Corporate may be well aware of the problem but the fact is corporate is the problem. They'd much rather spend their money foolishly on golf sponsorships, Nascar racing, football, jets that decompose out in the desert after a few years of use and worst yet, way over inflated corporate officers salaries.

CJinx

I'll have to admit that domestic customer service being outsourced for foreign call centers is a big problem. On more than one occasion I've had a difficult time conversing with an agent due to their poor grasp of the English language... I ask them if they speak Spanish and if so, we start over in that language.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
I get paid to drive around all day and pick up/deliver packages. If they set up a system that causes me to go to a pick up and it's Ground, oh well. Getting paid by the hour. Deliver/pickup packages, get paycheck. Rinse, wash, repeat every week. WAD, as someone already said.

Reattempt tomorrow

You mean actually pickup a ground package. That's funny. The only possible outcome of picking up something for ground is being accused of stealing it losing it. And besides that our managing director told us it's against federal law to have a ground package in a fedex express vehicle. Something about RLA and ground being different. 6 or 7 years I'd gladly pick them up. Not anymore.

Cactus

If you pickup a Ground package just once and the customer will expect you to keep doing it.

No thanks, let Ground do their own work unless they want to cut me a check too.

hypo hanna

I'll have to admit that domestic customer service being outsourced for foreign call centers is a big problem. On more than one occasion I've had a difficult time conversing with an agent due to their poor grasp of the English language... I ask them if they speak Spanish and if so, we start over in that language.
Pity the poor customer who isn't bilingual.

whenIgetthere

I love when you have to try to figure what an address is supposed to be, when it comes to you on the power pad. I have had a few where I had to have dispatch check because the spelling was so bad, I didn't have a clue what they should be.

hypo hanna

I love when you have to try to figure what an address is supposed to be, when it comes to you on the power pad. I have had a few where I had to have dispatch check because the spelling was so bad, I didn't have a clue what they should be.
Dispatchers have to figure out/correct them up to a point just to send them out, but if say its a rural area where only one driver covers the entire zip, she may just push it through in the hopes that the driver can figure it out. Like everyone else, they have to take whatever shortcuts they can find.

Cactus

I've used the Pux 03 incorrect p/u information before. Nothing like an on-call with a bad zip code for a major university that supposedly exists on the the middle of a rural cornfield in a town of 250 people.

SmithBarney

Better than getting a call to retrieve a Ground misdelivery. I get 3 or 4 of those a month. Best part is, then I have to deliver it to the right address.
No you don't... granted it's hard to look at the customer and tell them NO. I had one the other day(although the address was correct on the box) I ended up taking it, and found the house the next street over (Someone typed the road name wrong, needed one more digit)