Stupid or dumb things we say or do.

ups1990

Let's turn the tables around. We can go on and on about dumb customers but what about us?

The other morning before heading to work. I went crazy looking for my cell phone. "Honey where's my phone?" I kept saying. Only to realize it was on :surprised: my ear, hearing my voicemail.

bigbrownhen

Many years ago, I worked at a bank and I showed up to work wearing two different shoes. Both were white but one had a slightly higher heel, and one had a gold buckle on the toe.

How many times have you forgot where you placed the diad in back of truck when loading or searching for a stop, they need to put a "FIND DIAD" button in cab like on cordless phones.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
I did a good one today. For the first time since I started driving I got all the way to the customers desk before I realized I forgot my diad. LOL

City Driver

at one big warehouse i went to a couple weeks ago they gave me the guard gave me a note of what door to back into.....it said 77 but for some reason i went to 17

one of the workers asked why i was in the door when i walked up to the dock....i pulled the note back out and said "oops...suppose to go to 77......oh well i was only off by 60 doors"

longlunchguy

Runnin on Empty
You know how we knock on the door and call out "UPS" when driver relesing a package? Sometimes I mutter "sucks" afterward. Did this yesterday UPS...sucks, just as the customer came around the corner of the house. At least he laughed.

bigbrownhen

I have a few "blonde moments" from time to time. One of my most famous is when we (Hubby and sons) had permission to turkey hunt on my neighbors farm. We went by the day before to scout out a few spots to sit, and stopped by the house to let him know we would be coming by before sunup the next day. Dressed in my best camo, I knocked on the door and said "UPS". The neighbor wasn't home, but my family heard me. I got quite a razzing over that one.

fethrs

How about this, arms full of grocery bags, looking for the damn house keys while tossing them from hand to hand to dig in pockets to find them. Derr.:greedy:

fethrs

I don't recall exactly how it happened but years ago my mom somehow left her glasses in the freezer while getting ice. We found them after a lengthy search.
Now when she misplaces them the first thing I say is, "Have you checked the freezer?" I get the LOOK and the reply "I am your mother you know!!" Cracks me up every time.

fethrs

A little long but funny. Hubby and I sitting outside with some beers in the cooler. I am going off about some nitwit at work. He says, "Be careful what you say, beers are in the cooler." HUH?
I say "Yes honey the beers are in the cooler, what are you talking about?"
He goes on and on saying beards, beards, water, water. He points up to the electrical wires and says beerds, beerds. Oh crap!
"You mean birds on the wire!"
"Yes! Yes! That's what I was saying!"
"No, that's what you thought you were saying, that's not what I heard, I heard beers in the cooler" (in my defense, it was hot and the beers were good and cold, plus he's got a strong Mexican accent that gets bad with beer)
Oh boy, we got a kick out of that, and we finished all the beer too.

jds4lunch

What the hell is YOUPS??
This BY FAR is the stupidest thing I've done at work:

Two weeks ago the sort wrapped up late and we were all in a hurry to leave the building. I left the centre, drove down the highway to my route on the other side of the city before someone stopped me and told me my back doors were open. All I lost was about two dozen packages for Wal-mart, but fortunatly my sup recieved a call almost immediatly from someone who saw me when I was still close to the centre and he jumped in a truck and picked up all the packages I had dropped along the way. Fortunatly for me, all the packages were recovered and delivered that day, and somehow I got away with a slap on the wrist.

City Driver

This BY FAR is the stupidest thing I've done at work:

Two weeks ago the sort wrapped up late and we were all in a hurry to leave the building. I left the centre, drove down the highway to my route on the other side of the city before someone stopped me and told me my back doors were open. All I lost was about two dozen packages for Wal-mart, but fortunatly my sup recieved a call almost immediatly from someone who saw me when I was still close to the centre and he jumped in a truck and picked up all the packages I had dropped along the way. Fortunatly for me, all the packages were recovered and delivered that day, and somehow I got away with a slap on the wrist.

about a month ago i saw a truck driver driving on a busy road with his trailer swing doors open...swinging left and right as he turned and he had no idea of it.....i dont know how you dont see that, you HAVE to look at your mirrors

the trailer was empty thank god

ups1990

I feel really dumb, when having to go back multiple times to a stop. Either due to driver error, missload, bad pal or a ground shuttle. Customers, start to laugh at you.

bigbrownhen

Or maybe he misspoke ... I did that his morning:
I meant to say, "Pass the cream please Honey"
but it came out
"You Frikn byotch, you ruined my life!"

Oh, buddy. You better hope she doesn't see this, you are in so much trouble. :dead:

I have a feeling she has a pretty good sense of humor though. You just might survive after all...