Suggestions for laptop?

Mystakilla

Who the *$#@ cares.
I purchased toshiba laptops through the discount program on upsers, ended up getting them for bout 450 a piece and im very satisfied with them, big 17" screens and they were both great as far as ram and cpu, i couldnt pass it up. That was around christmas time though, not sure if toshiba even offers us discounts anymore but i would check into it if i were you.

klein

Für Meno :)
Personally, I would do in store shopping, they have them on display.. see if you like the layout of the keyboard (very important).

I bought mine at Bestbuy.
They have a rewards program, gives like 5% back.

With that 5%, buy some extra supplies, maybe ink cartriges, or cabels to your TV.

But, choosing my laptop in person, was easier.
Because, you'll see and feel it in person. Get to "play" with it on display.
And , then to chose the right one for you.

over9five

Staff member
We ended up ordering a new Dell Studio 17. I liked the refurb suggestion that Jones made, but wifey [-]likes to spend more money[/-] wanted a new one.

She wanted the Studio because it had the lighted keyboard (Ooooooo!), and a bigger battery (9 cell instead of 6), but I hear Inspirons will have the 9 cell option starting in August.

I did use the discount on UPSers. Anyone that plans to do that, PM me first. That particular deal can't be discussed in an open forum (their rule).