Sunday December 20

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I never thought we would get time and 1/2 for Friday (Christmas).
But time and 1/2 for hours worked for Sunday;if Mon-Thur are worked and Friday is a holiday.
Sunday is 1st punch. Although some supplements say Sunday is double time no matter what.

35years

Gravy route
Sunday is 1st punch. Although some supplements say Sunday is double time no matter what.
Correct,
However, it was explained to me (by someone higher up) that because the paid Holiday is the 6th punch, time and 1/2 for 6th punch would be applied to the work day that is not part of our normal work week (Sunday).
I do not believe the Central Supplement (unlike others) stipulates a pay increase for Saturday or Sunday (only 6th or 7th punch). Hence those that take a day off and work on a normal Saturday get strait time in the Central. Your regional or local supplement may be different.

Last edited:

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
In the Atlantic Area Sunday is double time regardless, the only exception being if you're on a Sunday to Thursday run.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

My Route is in Foxboro so working on Sunday will be a challenge.

Just stay off Rte 1 and you will be fine. :)

My son went to the Monday night game when they played the Bills. He was with a group of 4 people. They stayed at a not very nice hotel close to the stadium and told me that they had to pay $60 to park there even though they were staying there. Ridiculous.

BSWALKS

Fugitive From Reality
Just stay off Rte 1 and you will be fine. :)

My son went to the Monday night game when they played the Bills. He was with a group of 4 people. They stayed at a not very nice hotel close to the stadium and told me that they had to pay $60 to park there even though they were staying there. Ridiculous.
Same when you go to a Sox game. Last few times, we just took the train in. Most garages are full, so we were paying $40 at private lots, where you are blocked in for an hour after the game.

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
The money is not worth it, besides taxes kill me on these big checks. Cold day in hell I work a sunday

oldupsman

The money is not worth it, besides taxes kill me on these big checks. Cold day in hell I work a sunday
That's what the 401k is for. It's all before taxes. Max that thing out. You'll be amazed at how little it ends up affecting your take home pay.
Man, 70 an hour is hard to turn down.

thessalonian13

If they force you to work Next Sunday (December 20th) what will you do?
1 Work it and take a code 5.
2 Work it and demand 8+ hours
3 Call in.
4 No call, no show.
5 Try to volunteer for Saturday so they can't force me (34 hr rule)

Pay will vary by supplement...straight time, time and a half, double time.
Ability to demand 8 will vary by supplement
you can't work 7 days in a row. DOT rules. Either work saturday or sunday not both