Sunday December 20

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
So is the possibility of working on the 20th being done on an as-needed basis by center, or would it be nationwide? Personally, I think we should do it to show our customers that we are truly committed to making every effort possible to ensure their packages arrive on time. Sure, it would be costly...but good PR is better than bad! (And, yes...I understand that customers shouldn't wait until the last second to place orders, but that's not going to change).
I don't think the customers would see it your way. All day long we would hear, "You're working Sunday? That stinks."

By The Book

Sunday is the first day of the pay period and Saturday is the seventh. My question is;will they count a holiday as a punch? The southern supplement guarantees seventh punch is double time.
Paid holidays, on my check are not counted as hours worked. With that in mind I think the seventh punch language is literal...you have to physically be there and punch in.

Orion inc.

I like turtles
They're pushing volume early through the major hubs. Just got an email, 2 packages that were scheduled for Wednesday are being scheduled for delivery Monday.

If we work Sunday, we work Sunday. It still amazes me that peak comes every year and ups not only can't get the fluctuations of e commerce down to handle it but can't control the negative media about it either.

We better do something right in the next two weeks or we will be the company known as not being able to handle Xmas. I don't personally think we are that bad but we better figure it out collectively.

Brown_Star

Methods Man
They're pushing volume early through the major hubs. Just got an email, 2 packages that were scheduled for Wednesday are being scheduled for delivery Monday.

If we work Sunday, we work Sunday. It still amazes me that peak comes every year and ups not only can't get the fluctuations of e commerce down to handle it but can't control the negative media about it either.

We better do something right in the next two weeks or we will be the company known as not being able to handle Xmas. I don't personally think we are that bad but we better figure it out collectively.
Not our fault....hire hire hire!

35years

Gravy route
This has been my argument the whole time. Will they work us Sunday just to pay us time and a half for a day we don't work at all?
They (management) told us we will probably all be working.
The steward thinks Sunday will be paid at time and 1/2 even though it is the 1st punch. Holidays are always considered a punch.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
They (management) told us we will probably all be working.
The steward thinks Sunday will be paid at time and 1/2 even though it is the 1st punch. Holidays are always considered a punch.
Well in that case Christmas Day will be considered a 6 punch and should be time and a half.

turbostixxx

Brown Santa
Well in that case Christmas Day will be considered a 6 punch and should be time and a half.
Not necessarily. I posted about this the other day. Someone explained how Friday is straight time even though it technically would be my 6th punch. Our local president is even unsure, but he has a meeting tomorrow with someone a little higher than he to clarify for us. Our entire center is wondering.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Not necessarily. I posted about this the other day. Someone explained how Friday is straight time even though it technically would be my 6th punch. Our local president is even unsure, but he has a meeting tomorrow with someone a little higher than he to clarify for us. Our entire center is wondering.
Oh I have no doubt that the union will fold on this but the language is pretty clear.

turbostixxx

Brown Santa
Oh I have no doubt that the union will fold on this but the language is pretty clear.
Indeed. Language states that Sunday is Double Time. It also clearly states that 6th punch is time and a half. There is no clause or exception stating that Sunday does not count as a punch when worked.