Sunday Delivery

Netsua 3:16

AND THAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE
We are starting it in Jan supposedly and I am thrilled. I am among the rare red circled rpcds hired for Tues-Sat. I was just moved to Mon-Fri and was dreading it because they alway forced the lowest seniority Mon-Fri guys in Saturday when weather delays our stuff; happens all the time. Every few weeks with summer being the exception we will be light for 1-2 days and then get bombarded to finish the week.
So hopefully with Sunday guys I will never be forced into a Saturday except for peak. That would be ideal.

mrbrownstone

I would take a dead day every week. In my center that’s what the luxury of having high seniority means, you get to go home once a week. Hell some guys in my center go home 3/4 days a week. I would be totally cool with 4 days a week. I’m not high enough in seniority yet but some day I will take advantage of taking a dead day once a week. In my center no one fights to work only to go home.

Drink Craft Beer

Where’s Dave? He has all the answers
@UpstateNYUPSer answer the question!
7OnQH8J.jpg

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Anyone hearing details about Sunday deliveries that are supposed to start January 1st. Are any hubs going to be running twilight and midnight sorts on Saturdays? Has the rollout date been changed?
Look at the bright side, you get Monday and Tuesday off!

If Saturday ground is losing money, why double down on that?

Delivered

Just what we need, less volume go deliver on Monday
RPCDs working a Monday through Friday schedule shall be guaran-
teed five (5) consecutive days of eight (8) consecutive hours per re-
port and forty (40) straight time hours of straight time pay each week,
if reporting each day as scheduled, as long as work is available.

opie

I was told by the post office that Surepost will be delivered on Sundays along with Amazon starting in January.

detmaintainer

Detroit Maintenance Rat
I was told by the post office that Surepost will be delivered on Sundays along with Amazon starting in January.
Are you hearing UPS will be delivering residential Surepost on Sundays instead of the Post Office ? We heard rumors the Post Office raised their Surepost rates by 40% so UPS is bringing it back in house. That fits with what I have been reading about delivery density being a factor in profitability with the shift to business 2 consumer deliveries.