Sunday driving in the books.

ChrisTheBrown

You went in to work 3 hours? What a waste.

They wanted you all off at 14:59, that's when you punch out @ 15:01.....just to have some fun at their expense
I'm low man on the totem pole...Plus I had to be at my security job, a couple of hours after I finished. A short day didn't bother me any, jusy wanted to get it done as quickly & safely as possible.

Sent using BrownCafe App

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
Went to the grocery store, did laundry, finished my Christmas shopping, took a nap, and went to Fat Head's for dinner. A great Sunday by all accounts.

jaker

trolling
Yikes!!!!!!!! 143 stops in 5.5 hours. YOU'RE NUTS!!!!!! It would take me alot longer than 5.5 hours to do 140+ stops. LOL
I was thinking the same thing , sounds like my normal day just with me working. 10 hours

I don't care what the next few days are going to be , my plan is 14hrs for 3 days and 4 days off

ChrisTheBrown

If you were forced to work and didn't demand 8 hours then you're an idiot.
Not an idiot. We're all instructed to work no later then 3pm. We're all running only between 70-100 resi stops, to lighten up a bit for tomorrow. I do as I'm instructed...& if 25+ year drivers are doing the same, then I'm in good company.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Brown287

Im not the Mail Man!
Worked 8 hours on the dot. Double time for us in Nor-Cal, and I was glad to do it. Almost 20 years and this was the first time that I honestly can say it looks like every option is an option for UPS. Went out with 235 stops 350 pieces and got my helper.

idrivethetruck

Slow & steady wins the race.
:censored2:ed up your weekend for less than 8 hours? Shame on you for not working your 8 hour guarantee!! They tried doing that :censored2: to me the Friday after Thanksgiving and I told them hell no! If they want to screw up my day off, then they are gonna have to pay.

scottyg

Was nice having less people on the road although clocked out at 7pm. Our center said all in by 7pm max and don't sheet what you bring back if any

idrivethetruck

Slow & steady wins the race.
Watched football, drank beer and grilled for the family today. The boxes will be there tomorrow.
Tailgated, attended game and watched my team win, came home and fixed dinner for my family, friends and newly engaged daughter and fiance, played games until midnight and drank a lot of beer. One of the best days I've ever had. Sucks to be you guys who had to work today.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Not an idiot. We're all instructed to work no later then 3pm. We're all running only between 70-100 resi stops, to lighten up a bit for tomorrow. I do as I'm instructed...& if 25+ year drivers are doing the same, then I'm in good company.

Sent using BrownCafe App
I'm not criticizing you, but you do realize that if they force you to come in they can't "instruct" you to work less than 8. I'm sure they tried to make it sound that way but if you had demanded your 8 hour guarantee they would have had to give it to you.

carol2014

It's about ups being able to advance loads they wanna run cold loads from Tuesday Monday ect. In preparation for the last minute wave on Wednesday they paid the price for it out here in ca. It's a good idea especially when the north bay hub that they spent what 200million on(rumored) is only running at what 30% efficiency according to another poster on here.

carol2014

that's a shame, they threw $$$ at the north bay hub, ca , nothing got down the project not finish, they had thousands of pkgs left in bldg everyday,, beat up all the new trucks, more than 1/2 broke down,, go brown
service, smiles, and saftey