Sunday Operations

PreTrippin’

Getting drunk and falling down
My first union job was as a reservations agent for Frontier Airlines in Denver (not the Frontier of today). We were a 24/7 call center and I was literally the bottom of the seniority list of about 300.

We did a shift bid and I actually had four choices because some people failed to bid on time but all the shifts were evening start times with either Tue Wed or Wed Thu off. Day shifts with weekends off took years.
For a lot of folks weekends off is not even part of the equation. And it might not be something people want anyway. Things have changed. Schedules need to be more flexible than they were in 1987. And not in the way carol time is trying to sell it to our negotiating committees.

PreTrippin’

Getting drunk and falling down
Here’s the answer: quadruple time on Sundays for all employees. RPCD gets work before PT or anyone because RPCD. Please let’s start Sunday service.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
7 day service should mean Tuesday- Friday for upper seniority, four- 10 hour days, Saturday, Sunday, Monday for the newbies, three-12 hour days, get paid for 40.

Pullman Brown

7 day service should mean Tuesday- Friday for upper seniority, four- 10 hour days, Saturday, Sunday, Monday for the newbies, three-12 hour days, get paid for 40.

10.5 would have to be automatically given to you if you go over so it doesn’t turn into a chronic 12 hour day dispatch.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
No Thank you very much.

They can shove that talk up their ass, four tens is a loss. Unless we start before 7:30 am guaranteed.

542thruNthru

IAM Local 698 beat that in arbitration a few years back. They don't have to give up any vacation time when on FMLA unless they want to. I don't know if the Teamsters could use this to win arbitration for their members.
I don't think we will win that arbitration when the language in the contract and in the FLMA act it's self allows the company to use the personal time.

Screenshot_20230226_121810_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

542thruNthru

The law clearly leaves it up to the employer. I don’t know how you can win an arbitration against a federal law, but bravo to them.
They may have something in their contract that forbids it and since the law leaves it up to the employer I would imagine if they bargained that option away they would be SOL.