Supervisor in Dallas TX found dead in office

Feeders101

I actually knew this guy. He was the dispatch manager in Mesquite feeders. He used to be a package car driver in Dallas. So sad. Prayers for his family!

ideliverto

So sorry to hear this, what's even worse is the nunnery of UPSers I personally have known in 20 years of service to commit the same act. It sickens me that more cannot not done to keep this from happening.

oldngray

nowhere special
There was a place on my route a couple of years ago where an employee hung himself over the weekend. When I tried to deliver there Monday morning the cops had it blocked off and wouldn't let anybody in. All I could found out was somebody got killed. I thought it was an industrial accident. I only found out several days later when one of the people there told me he killed himself because he was depressed because he was about to lose his job. It was never on the news and kept very quiet.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Please keep the following in mind.
Brown Cafe has a long standing policy of being respectful to the co-workers and family of UPSers that die and
posts in a thread dedicated to a UPSer that has died should be respectful and sorrowful.

If one wants to start another thread, without mentioning the specifics of the dead UPSer, that is fine and in this case, an appropriate thread to discuss the motives, conjecture, causes, blames, etc. that lead to the employees death.

Thank you for being considerate in this time of grief and pain for this employee's co-workers and possibly family.

Please keep the following in mind.
Brown Cafe has a long standing policy of being respectful to the co-workers and family of UPSers that die and
posts in a thread dedicated to a UPSer that has died should be respectful and sorrowful.

If one wants to start another thread, without mentioning the specifics of the dead UPSer, that is fine and in this case, an appropriate thread to discuss the motives, conjecture, causes, blames, etc. that lead to the employees death.

Thank you for being considerate in this time of grief and pain for this employee's co-workers and possibly family.

I have created a thread for this. I will do my best to keep everything respectful from anyone choosing to post, but if you would like keep an eye on it, as well, I wanted to let you know it's there. This case is significant to me.

The new thread on this event is here:
http://www.browncafe.com/community/threads/u-p-s-a-scarier-place-to-work-everyday.354592/

Last edited by a moderator:

fiddledee

It is true. I will not give out his position or name out of respect to his family. He and 2 other supervisors were to be terminated due to the peak failures.

that would be a first if they actually gave someone enough notice to plan to bring a gun in and committ suicide. when they fire you they tell you just before they give you the walk of shame.

my best to a troubled soul and his family.

formymax

that would be a first if they actually gave someone enough notice to plan to bring a gun in and committ suicide. when they fire you they tell you just before they give you the walk of shame.

my best to a troubled soul and his family.
With deep regret and sorrow concerning such a tragedy.

I agree with Fiddledee. In my area of the country I don't recall any management person being fired unless it involved dishonesty. They don't fire for what they deem as poor job performance.

Law suit was filed in 2011 against UPS.