Supervisor Load quality sheet on topic

BlackCat

Just build a false wall. start a foot away from the last wall and perfectly square every package up to the ceiling. Toss smalls over the top like a basketball legend. That's how much I GAF about load density.
I do that when irregs come down.

Sorry boss, bricked out wont be able to take them.

Superteeth2478

Just build a false wall. start a foot away from the last wall and perfectly square every package up to the ceiling. Toss smalls over the top like a basketball legend. That's how much I GAF about load density.
That bit about false walls is what nice and/or lazy preloaders sometimes do for drivers at our hub. If the preloader is too lazy to want to load all the bulk in a truck and brick out the truck (or they don't want to screw the driver with a 100-piece bulk stop) they just start loading the bulk 1/4 of the way into the back of the truck, build a nice, stable wall, and make it look like the truck is bricked out when behind the wall is just empty space and a couple of irregular packages.

Days

That bit about false walls is what nice and/or lazy preloaders sometimes do for drivers at our hub. If the preloader is too lazy to want to load all the bulk in a truck and brick out the truck (or they don't want to screw the driver with a 100-piece bulk stop) they just start loading the bulk 1/4 of the way into the back of the truck, build a nice, stable wall, and make it look like the truck is bricked out when behind the wall is just empty space and a couple of irregular packages.

Lol has that trick ever worked?

Superteeth2478

Lol I’ve never seen a full time sup do hourly work other than to demonstrate. Only part time sups
Oh God, you'll see it all day at my hub. There's one full-time supervisor (my full-time supervisor, in fact) who pretty much works as a floater most of the time putting out fires wherever they are (not by doing his job and managing his workforce by moving the people to the work but by doing the hourly work himself).

There was one day where the metro I was working on was burning down and the metro parallel to it was almost spotless (both run by this full-time supervisor). I actually asked the full-time supervisor a serious question (because I'm usually talking :censored2:) while he was PICKING OFF on the clean metro...why are you letting this metro burn down while the other metro is spotless? He just got super pissy and said something about not understanding the job of a supervisor or something along those lines. Something nonsensical, anyways. Super ridiculous, to say the least. Any idiot could figure out that they should send at least a couple of people to help out on the metro that was burning down. Surely I must be missing SOMETHING, because no one can be THAT stupid. Maybe I'll ask him. Or maybe he'll just see this thread and tell me. He knows my Browncafe username.

Last edited:

Days

Oh God, you'll see it all day at my hub. There's one full-time supervisor (my full-time supervisor, in fact) who pretty much works as a floater most of the time putting out fires wherever they are (not by doing his job and managing his workforce by moving the people to the work but by doing the hourly work himself).

There was one day where the metro I was working on was burning down and the metro parallel to it was almost spotless (both run by this full-time supervisor). I actually asked the full-time supervisor a serious question (because I'm usually talking :censored2:) while he was PICKING OFF on the clean metro...why are you letting this metro burn down while the other metro is spotless? He just got super pissy and said something about not understanding the job of a supervisor or something along those lines. Something nonsensical, anyways. Super ridiculous, to say the least. Any idiot could figure out that they should send at least a couple of people to help out on the metro that was burning down. Surely I must be missing SOMETHING, because no one can be THAT stupid. Maybe I'll ask him. Or maybe he'll just see this thread and tell me. He knows my Browncafe username.

Lol no they are actually clueless sometimes. People standing around while one area gets clobbered is typical UPS. It’s kind of sad tbh but I still come in everyday with some sort of self respect and hope.

I’ve always tried to keep things civil though between myself and management. I feel like once one side kind of disrespects the other, it can be hard to have a discussion. My policy for supervisors working has always been that they can as long as it doesn’t speed up production in any way. Which is pretty much doing insignificant things such as assisting with Irregulars or working the belt for someone can load their cars. The moment they start loading the packages, I get kind of fussy.

I get paid enough and get good enough benefits that I can’t complain too much which is what usually keeps me cool when I’m feeling kind of angry.

PT Car Washer

Lol no they are actually clueless sometimes. People standing around while one area gets clobbered is typical UPS. It’s kind of sad tbh but I still come in everyday with some sort of self respect and hope.

I’ve always tried to keep things civil though between myself and management. I feel like once one side kind of disrespects the other, it can be hard to have a discussion. My policy for supervisors working has always been that they can as long as it doesn’t speed up production in any way. Which is pretty much doing insignificant things such as assisting with Irregulars or working the belt for someone can load their cars. The moment they start loading the packages, I get kind of fussy.

I get paid enough and get good enough benefits that I can’t complain too much which is what usually keeps me cool when I’m feeling kind of angry.
The usual answer is because the loader with the clean area works harder.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
The usual answer is because the loader with the clean area works harder.
I am living proof that you are wrong. Just DGAF about the belt, let things pass you, they try this peer pressure crap where the loader next to you has to deal with stuff you left on the belt, we're teamsters, who cares, let it ride all the way to the end and back around.

PT Car Washer

I am living proof that you are wrong. Just DGAF about the belt, let things pass you, they try this peer pressure crap where the loader next to you has to deal with stuff you left on the belt, we're teamsters, who cares, let it ride all the way to the end and back around.
I used to load package cars off of a belt. I doubt if you could tell me anything I don't already know.

J

jibbs

Good in theory except for the one or two loaders at the bottom of the belt who have to deal with all the missed bull:censored2: people like you send down.

Not all belts loop around the building, you know. Some of them end in rollers, and when they do we don't need our workspace :censored2:ed just because you can't handle two cars at the top. It's a fact of life, though... just don't be surprised if you get a few people on your belt that treat you like a pariah.