Supervisor not changing start time

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
13 is nowhere near 21.im talking off by minutes. I have my times now didn't have them on me
Monday start time 430 done at 8.00
Tues 345 to 815
Weds 345 to 815
Thursday Thanksgiving was told seasonal get 4 hours pays if you show up wedsday and Friday.
Friday 300 to 8
In no way are they even close to what I should have even if I don't get Thanksgiving. I've talked to everyone and I just get the run around. Would hr have my stewards number?
Seasonals get 4 hours extra pay for working Wed and Friday after Thanksgiving? Never heard that before.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
13 is nowhere near 21.im talking off by minutes. I have my times now didn't have them on me
Tues 345 to 815
Weds 345 to 815
Thursday Thanksgiving was told seasonal get 4 hours pays if you show up wedsday and Friday.
Friday 300 to 8
In no way are they even close to what I should have even if I don't get Thanksgiving. I've talked to everyone and I just get the run around. Would hr have my stewards number?
Ask someone that works next to you that has been there awhile. He will point out the Steward to you. If you Steward cannot or will not help you, call the HR honesty hotline. Posted somewhere in your building.

Tell them that a supervisor is changing your clock out time. This will bring the reign of hell down on your center and the problem will be fixed.

HR and Corporate knows this is happening and they look the other way. But once they are caught and called on it, you will see how fast it is fixed.

F

FrigidAdCorrector

Tues 345 to 815
Weds 345 to 815
Friday 300 to 8
There aren't any discrepancies if I'm doing the math right. You worked 13 hours and got paid for 13 hours. You don't get holiday pay as a seasonal. Not sure where you heard that. Only once you've hit a year do you get holiday pay or double time on Black Friday.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
There aren't any discrepancies if I'm doing the math right. You worked 13 hours and got paid for 13 hours. You don't get holiday pay as a seasonal. Not sure where you heard that. Only once you've hit a year do you get holiday pay or double time on Black Friday.
I agree....the seasonal doesn't know wtf he's talking about...holiday pay...lol.

browner89

You get double time for working Black Friday regardless, you don't get holiday pay for Thursday or Friday without being there a year.

browner89

They do not have a steward, but a steward should not have a problem asking management to fix a payroll error for a seasonal employee. If the steward refuses because the kid is seasonal, he does not deserve to be a steward.

Yeah, seasonal or not, you don't work for free and someone needs to make sure of that, you're still an employee. Though, in this case, the seasonal doesn't actually appear to be being paid incorrectly.

Edit:

Actually, he may be paid incorrectly, I believe he listed roughly 17 hours. I just took the other posters word for it.

Tues 345 to 815
Weds 345 to 815
Friday 300 to 8
3h30m
4h30m
4h30m
5h
=
17h30m

I don't see anyway that you get paid for Thanksgiving or Holiday pay on Black Friday as even non seasonals with seniority don't get either of those unless they have worked 9-12 months with the company according to most supplements. (again, only your supplement matters but seasonals usually have very few favorable provisions and I can't imagine them getting holiday pay)

You should still be paid for the 17h and 30m you worked though unless I goofed on my own numbers somewhere.

Last edited:
F

FrigidAdCorrector

You get double time for working Black Friday regardless, you don't get holiday pay for Thursday or Friday without being there a year.
No you don't. I do timecards. All employees had the holiday code in there on Friday. But if they didn't have their one year you get a warning that says employee does not meet criteria for code. So it is straight time.

browner89

No you don't. I do timecards. All employees had the holiday code in there on Friday. But if they didn't have their one year you get a warning that says employee does not meet criteria for code. So it is straight time.

Everyone in my center got double time regardless of time, haven't heard of anyone not getting it except your center.

arice11

got triple time...must have been a mistake...but oh well...not going to worry about it till after the check is deposited.

DOK

Dude, you should already know who the steward is in your work group. Document your punch in and out times to the 1/100th. (Military) If it's short one time, I wouldn't say anything. If its short a second time, I would lower the boom on the honesty hotline. You should have been keeping track of your hours way before now, anyway. They have a record (operations report) which is their bible. If it's short, it is there in black and white.
This^^^^ end of thread....

I finally talked to the guy who handles the time card in my building. I left a note on the operations supervisors desk saying if something wasn't done soon I would take it into legal matters (bluffing of course) in hopes it would give them some incentive in giving me an answer. He was waiting for me when I got to work this morning and was pretty angry so I'd guess he got chewed out by somebody, anyhow now I have to bring in the schedule they gave me for that week because he's trying to say I started at 445 every day that week which is hilarious.

Then he preceeded to tell me he wasn't there that week yet knows what time i started so either A he's just making bs start times or B he's tampering with the time clock which is against the law if I'm correct. Either way I just left a note for him with the correct times for the week and he said he would take care of it. This is also a common thing in my building because a few other seasonal are saying they're missing hours but I guess want to keep their jobs so won't speak up. Not really a matter of how much money it's a matter of principle and I want to be paid for the time I work, period. Thanks for the replies everybody.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
I finally talked to the guy who handles the time card in my building. I left a note on the operations supervisors desk saying if something wasn't done soon I would take it into legal matters (bluffing of course) in hopes it would give them some incentive in giving me an answer. He was waiting for me when I got to work this morning and was pretty angry so I'd guess he got chewed out by somebody, anyhow now I have to bring in the schedule they gave me for that week because he's trying to say I started at 445 every day that week which is hilarious.

Then he preceeded to tell me he wasn't there that week yet knows what time i started so either A he's just making bs start times or B he's tampering with the time clock which is against the law if I'm correct. Either way I just left a note for him with the correct times for the week and he said he would take care of it. This is also a common thing in my building because a few other seasonal are saying they're missing hours but I guess want to keep their jobs so won't speak up. Not really a matter of how much money it's a matter of principle and I want to be paid for the time I work, period. Thanks for the replies everybody.
Threatened legal action? You might've just bluffed your way out of a permanent position. That's not the way I would've handled it as a seasonal.

trickpony1

It is kinda sad that a company that so espouses "honesty and integrity" has to resort to dishonesty and theft from their employees.